We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Parse schedule event property as object type

Hello

I am trying to create an event via popup and pass event property (contact) as object. But getting '[Object Object]' as string rather than object.
Could not pass object as a value to contact property ?

6 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team July 15, 2019 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Hasan,   

Syncfusion greetings.  

In the below sample, event collection has Details field as object type to display Grid in Scheduler editor window. Kindly share your data collection / code example and which type of control used in editor window to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

HR Hasan Rifaii July 15, 2019 08:25 AM UTC

Hello , thank you for support 

First I am just still trying to create an event right now 

I have a contact component to select a contact the selector will return an object 

when contact is selected onContactChange function is called and contactCtrl is updated

and on actionBegin I get

HR Hasan Rifaii July 15, 2019 12:52 PM UTC

I found this way but I don't know if it's the best approach 

then 

if there is a better solution please share it 

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team July 16, 2019 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Hasan, 

Thanks for the update. 

Please proceed with your way and let us know if you need further assistance. To update the contact field, please use the below condition. 

if (args.requestType === "eventCreate" || args.requestType === "eventChange") 

Regards, 
Karthi 

HR Hasan Rifaii July 16, 2019 07:09 PM UTC

Hello 

It's not working.
Issue now : Its creating event as expected for first time as expected, but when try to edit the event next time it loads data as well, but I save without modifying the box contact it returns again the data.contact : '[Object Object]' 

I think simply syncfusion schedule should handle this situation returned value it might be string or object as it is common case 

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team July 17, 2019 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Hasan, 

Thanks for your update. 

Q:  Data returns as data.contact : '[Object Object]'  while saving. 

Q: I think simply syncfusion schedule should handle this situation returned value it might be string or object as it is common case  

We provided the ‘e-field’ support only for limited JS2 Syncfusion components like datepicker, datetimepicker, dropdownlist, multiselect, checkbox and input components . For other JS2 components and angular material component, you have to handle the ‘getting and setting the values to those fields’ in sample end using actionBegin and popupOpen event. 

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon