We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Problem installing nuget packages

Hi,

I'm trying your reporting solution, and I want to create a report viewer using ASP.NET MVC; I'm following the instructions on your documentation (https://reports.syncfusion.com/documentation/aspnet-mvc/report-viewer/display-ssrs-rdl-report-in-asp-net-mvc-application/). But I cannot get pass the configuration of the project section because I'm not able to install Synfusion.Reporting.Web after I installed Syncfusion.Reporting.Mvc5. When a tried to install it the following error was shown: An error occurred while retrieving package metadata for 'Syncfusion.Reporting.JavaScript.4.1.0.25' from source 'C:\Projects\..\SyncFusionReportingTest\packages'.

I could not find something that was helpful in previous questions in your forum, so any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 15, 2019 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Components. 

We have validated the reported problem at our end, but the nuget packages has been installing properly at our end. So, it is possible for you to share you sample issue reproducing application with us. It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

SR Sriram July 23, 2019 04:30 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

I am also getting the same issue. I am following the instructions as mentioned in https://reports.syncfusion.com/documentation/aspnet-mvc/report-designer/add-web-report-designer-to-an-asp-net-mvc-application/.  I am able to successfully installed Syncfusion.Reporting.Web  .But I am getting the error while installing Syncfusion.Reporting.Mvc5. I am getting the issue while browsing the installed packages also. I am using VS2015 and .Net framework 4.5.2. 

Regards,
Sriram

Attachment: MCReport_74976cad.zip

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Sriram, 

Thanks for your patience. 

This is the common problem in Visual studio 2015 version when installing the dependent NuGet packages the first one is installed properly after that we are getting the same issue. So, could you please follow below steps to avoid the mentioned problem at your end. 

·        Clear all the NuGet caches by following the below steps. 
o   Download the latest nuget.exe file from here. 
o   Navigate the directory of the downloaded exe in command window and run the following command 

OS 
Command 
Windows 
nuget locals all -clear  
MAC 
mono nuget.exe locals all -clear 

·        Install the latest NuGet Tools for VS 2015. 
o   Close all the instances of Visual Studio 
o   Download the latest NuGet.Tools.vsix and install it. 
o   To ensure the latest version installed properly, 
§  Open Visual Studio 
§  Go to Tools à Extension and Updates… 
§  In that opened dialog, search “nuget” and ensure the latest version 3.6 installed properly like the below screenshot. 

·        Now, try to install the Syncfusion Reporting packages as like we discussed in the below getting started link. 

Please let us know if you need any clarification. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon