We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Button in Ribbon Click Event when double click on SfDataGrid

Hi,
I use an Windows Form with SfDataGrid as SearchForm in my application.
Since I upgraded to the latest version (17.1.0.47, I was on 29 I think...) I have an problem with it.

The searchform is an Windows Form with SfDataGrid on it.
I have in this case a simple Event Handler:

private void SfDataGrid1_CellDoubleClick(object sender, Syncfusion.WinForms.DataGrid.Events.CellClickEventArgs e)
{
Close();
}

The problem is that when I double click on a position in the grid with a button on the Ribbon below, the form closes and then the click event of the button below fires.

Before upgrade, that was not the case.

I don't know how to stop this behavier, because when the user now search, unexpected things can happen from other ribbon buttons.

Thank you for your help.

Gerrit

Attachment: SearchDemo_72d84695.zip

9 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 12, 2019 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Gerrit, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We could able to reproduce the reported issue “Button in Ribbon Click Event when double click on SfDataGrid’ and we have logged a bug report for this. We will provide a fix patch for the issue on or before the July 29, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

You can track the status of this report through the following feedback link,  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

GS Gerrit Snel July 12, 2019 01:52 PM UTC

Ok, thank you. I wait for the fix.

Gerrit.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 15, 2019 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Gerrit,  

Thank you for the update. 

We will update you with the patch, once we fixed the issue on or before the July 29, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 29, 2019 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Gerrit, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Due to complexity, we unable to fix the issue with Ribbon and as planned. We are working on this with high priority and we need some more time to work on this. We will fix and provide you the patch on August 02, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

JJ Jayabharathi J Syncfusion Team July 30, 2019 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Subburaj, 

Thank you for your message. No problem, I can wait a few days more. 

Regards, 

Gerrit Snel 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 31, 2019 09:18 AM UTC

Hi Gerrit,  

Thank you for the understanding.  

As mentioned, we will provide you the patch on August 02, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team August 2, 2019 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Gerrit, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have fixed the reported issue “Button in Ribbon Click Event when double click on SfDataGrid” and patch for the same can be downloaded from below. 

Recommended approach – exe will perform automatic configuration        
Please find the patch setup here:     

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment                         
Please find the patch assemblies alone from:   

Please find the Nugets from the below location:       

Assembly Version: 17.2.0.34 
Installation Directions:   
This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.Tools.Windows” under the following folder.   
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.6 
Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\17.2.0.34\precompiledassemblies\17.2.0.34\4.6 

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.   

Note: To change how you receive bug fixes, ask your license management portal admin to change your project’s patch delivery mode.   

Disclaimer: If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.2.0.34 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in the forum 145864. This fix will be included in our Volume 2 SP 1 release which is expected on mid of August 2019.   

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

GS Gerrit Snel August 2, 2019 08:26 AM UTC

Hi Jagadeesan,

I Installed the patch and the problem is solved.
Thank you for this.

Regards, Gerrit

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team August 2, 2019 08:34 AM UTC

Hi Gerrit, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon