We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Web based dashboard designer is terrible

The decision to move away from a desktop based Dashboard Designer to web-based only is a huge mistake. I became interested in Syncfusion because I thought it would be a contender against PowerBI - it certainly seems to have features that make it superior.

Except for Dashboard designer. Which frankly is terrible. The web-only design is a ridiculous choice. It is so slow I have to wait for spinning circles even when loading sections of the editor, not even the dashboard itself. Which would never happen in a desktop app. And if I attempt to load any serious amount of data, the tab in my browser crashes due to timeout. I am guessing it is also limited to 32-bit in the back end, because it also runs out of memory during data loading large data types (e.g. geometry).

The website advertises the product as being able to connect to multiple data sources. But it can't, it can only connect to 3 flavors of SQL server (which isn't a problem for me, but clearly false advertising).

I don't have these problems with PowerBI which actually works properly. Even if data loading takes a while, at least it loads. And the interface isn't laggy.

Combined these things make this a useless product, and not even close to being a contender against PowerBI or Tableau.You've essentially taken a potentially great looking product and made it totally worthless. Good job there.

1 Reply

PJ Pravin Joshua D Syncfusion Team July 11, 2019 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Alexander,

Regrets for the inconvenience.

The web based designer is our new offering to provide complete design and sharing experience within a single application. We have also improved the usability and design performance in the newer version of web designer, which is expected to be rolled out by the last week of July. The newer version of on-premise dashboard platform will be an exact replica of the Bold BI cloud solution that we already offer (https://www.boldbi.com/).

Regarding the issues that you are currently experiencing,

1. At present, we do not have any known performance issue with handling large data. We have created a new support incident for this and we would like take a deeper look into your use case and figure out the actual problem. We assure you our that we will make every effort to get this issue resolved on your side.

2. Regarding the data sources, the upcoming Bold BI on-premise will support the complete 85+ data sources that we offer for the cloud solution.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Pravin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon