We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

The data input collection null or empty for the data set is used in the report.

The data input collection null or empty for the data set is used in the report. error is coming while viewing report using report viewer,
I've created rdlc report and while giving datasource and populating data dynamically from query, i get this error

Attachment: Report1_bca80b46.rar

5 Replies

MS Mahendran Shanmugam Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Zia, 

Thanks for your interest in our Syncfusion products. 

The mentioned issue occurs when we rendering the RDLC report in Report viewer with the processing mode as local. So could you please set the processing mode as local in you report viewer application. 

Please find the below help documentation for your reference. 

We have prepared the simple sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Regards, 
Mahendran S. 

ZU zia ul Haq July 10, 2019 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Mahendran,

Thanks for quickly response, It's didn't solve my problem, i was already setting the processing mode as local in my report viewer application.  I've tried both "Bind data source at client side" and "Bind data source in Web API Controller" using ASP.NET MVC not ASP.NET Web Form, still this error occurring, How i can solve this error? It's been 2 days and i'm stuck with this I'm unable to help myself :( 

MS Mahendran Shanmugam Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Zia, 

Thanks for your update.  

Could you please share your .cshtml page for how to specifying the control and controller class file to validate the mentioned problem at our end. And also we will provide the sample in ASP.NET MVC with your RDLC file. 

Regards, 
Mahendran S. 

AV alvaro vanegas September 2, 2019 02:34 PM UTC

Tengo el mismo problema. al parecer el rdl no realiza la peticion rest y no carga los datos del dataset,
en el servidor de informes si funciona

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Alvaro, 

Could you please confirm whether your requirement is to use rest api using our Web Report Designer Web API datasource option as shown in below snap. 

Or whether you are asking to use the rest api to pass the item with processing mode as local in Report Viewer as shown in below help documentation. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon