We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Date Picker chart and todays date as default value

Hello 

i currently work with dashboard designer and have a one question. 
is it possible in dashboard designer to set a today's day as default value by this Widget (Date Picker) see an attachment. 

When i open the Dashboard designer i want to see the datas on the Chart from todays date and today's date should be also displayed instead "Select date" (yellow marked). 

Could you give me some hint how I can solve this problem because in the dokumentation I didnt find the solution.

King Regards, 
Aleks 

Attachment: date_default_43dcca1c.zip

9 Replies

JR Jenitta Rachel Chellapandian Syncfusion Team July 5, 2019 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Aleks, 

Yes, it is possible in dashboard designer to set  today's date as default value in Datepicker. Please follow the below steps to achieve this. 

Step 1:  Select “Range” type in the property window of Datepicker. 

Step 2: Select “Relative Dates..” from the dropdown list of settings. 

Step 3: Select “Days” option then “Today” option as highlighted in the below screenshot and click on “Add” button to add this in the relative date option. 

Step 4: You can see the added relative dates in date picker as in the below image. Select “Today “ option as highlighted in the below image to set today’s date as default. 

Output: Now preview the dashboard. By default, it will render the data of  today’s date. 

To know more about Relative date configuration, click on the link. 

Let us know, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Thanks, 
C Jenitta Rachel 

AL Aleksandar July 8, 2019 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Jenitta , 

thank you very much for you explanation and help. I will test it with real datas and give you a feedback. But I think that is what I want. 
Have a nice day. 
King Regards, 
Aleks 

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team July 8, 2019 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Aleks, 

Thanks for your update. 

We will wait until get reply from you. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

AL Aleksandar July 9, 2019 08:08 AM UTC

Hi Renuka, 

i tested today one more time and displayed me today's day too. It works fine. 
Thank you very much for your help. 

King Regards, 
Aleks  

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team July 9, 2019 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Aleks, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are happy that the provided solution works at your end. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

AL Aleksandar July 9, 2019 08:45 AM UTC

of  course. If I get some additional issue to datepicker I will write again. But in this moment it should be enough. 
Thx!

Best Regards, 
Aleks

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team July 9, 2019 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Aleks, 

Thanks for the feedback.  

As always we will be happy to assist you. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

DB Dave Ball March 2, 2020 01:51 PM UTC

Is this functionality available in the Dashboard Platform Web Designer? I'm using 4.1.0.84 and cant see the Relative Dates available to select (just Custom)

DG Dhivyabharathi Govindaraj Syncfusion Team March 3, 2020 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Aleks, 

Yes, you can apply Relative Date filter option in Dashboard Platform Web Designer also. Please follow below steps to apply Relative Date Filter for Date Picker widget. 
  1. Drag and drop the Date Picker control in design canvas and assign any Date column.
  2. Switch to Properties tab and enable Range combo box under Basic Settings.

1. Now try to apply the Relative Date filter option like as below.

1. In the Relative Date Filter window, select Current option from first combo box and then select Days option.

1. Now click Add button to add the filter.

1. Finally click Apply button.
  2. Now in the viewer page, you can select the Current Day filter to filter the today date values.

Kindly get back to us if you need any further assistance from us. 

Thanks, 
Dhivya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon