We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

iOS Memory Leak on setting view in OnMonthCellLoadedEvent

As was recently resolved for Android, I have a test app (attached) which automatically advances through months, to make leak testing easy.

As I was testing SyncFusion 17.1.0.53 for Android, very happy with that fix, I also tested iOS as I'm shipping a cross-platform app.

There is a steady memory leak under iOS as well, not anywhere near as severe as the Android one, but still needs addressing.

I have an Instruments recording proving the leak but compressed is still about 300MB so cannot attach here.

On an iPhone 6+ it crashes between 300 and 400 advances

On an iPod Touch 6 (where I recorded the Instruments) it crashes between 180 and 230 advances. 

These sound like a lot but this is not representing a single set of user actions. It's the total number of times the sfSchedule control is shown within a run of the program.  As a leak, this still means the iPhone will eventually crash. Our users typically flick through several months of their calendar each time they use the app, sometimes skimming through an entire year's worth. This implies crashing as often as once a month for our more active users.

Attachment: MonthCellWithAdvance_c036ef68.zip

6 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 6, 2019 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Andy,  

Thank you for the detailed update.  

Currently we are analyzing on this mentioned issue “OutofMemory exception while swiping schedule more than 300 times in iOS” with the provided details. We will validate and update you further details on or before July 10, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

AD Andy Dent July 7, 2019 03:03 AM UTC

Trace information has been uploaded to Google Drive and shared explicitly with the email provided.

The zipped recording of Leaks and Allocations from Instruments is about 300MB expanding to over 1GB.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 8, 2019 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Andy,   

Thank you for the update.   

As mentioned, we are analyzing on it. We will update you further details on or before July 10, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.   

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue “Schedule crash while swiping more than 400 advances with custom month cell in iOS platform”. We are checking the issue with high priority and since we are facing technical hurdles to find the root cause for the crash, so we need some more time to analyze. We regret for that and we will update you further details on or before July 12, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Karthik Raja A 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 12, 2019 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have analyzed and fixed the reported issue “Schedule crashes with custom month cell in iOS platform while swiping more than 400 times”. We will include this fix in our upcoming Weekly NuGet update which is expected to roll out on July 16, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 17, 2019 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Andy, 

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 17.2.0.35 has been rolled out with the “Schedule crashes with custom month cell in iOS platform while swiping more than 400 times” issue fix and is available for download (nuget.org). 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V    

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon