We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

64Bit ODBC Driver

Hi,

I have a MySQL Server running on Window Server 2016 and has only 64bit ODBC driver?  The Syncfusion does not seems to be able to see the System DSN where the the driver is 64bit.  How do I proceed?  Thank you.

5 Replies

AB Arasuraja Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team July 1, 2019 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. 

Right now, we do not have support for creating the database using the 64-bit MySQL ODBC driver in Report Server.  

You can install the 32-bit MySQL ODBC driver and create the DSN to get access with your MySQL database from the Report Server. You can follow the steps in the below help documentation to setup the DSN for MySQL server, 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on it. 

Thanks, 
Arasuraja B. 

AK Albert K July 1, 2019 10:47 AM UTC

I have tried the 32bit one but when I create a "New Data Source" it does not show any tables.  Is there any tutorials for mySQL DB or ODBC DB in general?  

Hope that 64bit ODBC driver support can come quickly.  

Thank you.

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 2, 2019 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

In our Web report designer we have provided full-fledged query designer option only for SQL Server datasource. As of now we don’t have the Query designer support for other data sources and we suggest you to manually enter the queries for processing data from MySQL database  

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

AK Albert K July 3, 2019 03:10 AM UTC

Well that is very limiting to only support Microosft SQL for full-fledged query designer.   Is there any plans to support more popular DB ?  Thank you.

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 3, 2019 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Albert, 

We are already having the feature request to provide query builder support for ODBC and other popular databases in future releases. You can track the status of the feature from below feedbacks. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon