We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How To Find Complete Online Reference For Any Syncfusion Control?

My question is more about online documentation than the Syncfusion product. 

I seem to find it really hard to locate the complete reference (ie. Properties, Methods, Events) for any Syncfusion control on the website.
It's very easy to find a "Getting Started" guide for any control using Google, not the associated complete API reference.
For a start I believe the Getting Started should have a link to that information!

In this particular instance I was looking for a list of all properties offered by SfTextInputLayout.
This would be the obvious place, but no.

Whilst you could tell me the exact link I need in this instance, instead please tell me the series of links I need to select in order to get there (and to the same for any other control) from the Syncfusion website, so I can find it myself in future. FYI, I am using Syncfusion for Xamarin.Forms.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

4 Replies

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team June 25, 2019 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Paul,  

Greetings from Syncfusion. We have API class reference for all the Syncfusion controls in our online help document link itself. Please find the screenshot and online link below here. 

In this API Reference document, we have list out all the public properties, methods, event and class members by control wise in left side.  

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

PP Paul Parkins June 25, 2019 08:54 AM UTC

Thanks, but no - that does not directly help. In fact I have now determined that you do not even offer the complete list per component that I was looking for

If I click the link you provided from within the notification email I received that you had posted a reply, then it takes me to Syncfusion.Compression namespace.
But if I click the same link in this actual post, it takes me to Syncfusion.Buttons.XForms assembly I have no idea why the inconsistency there. Here's another inconsistency - the link you gave is not the same as the URL in the screenshot.

The "API Reference" is not at all what I needed as this only documents the namespaces and not the controls.
However underneath "API Reference" there is a list of all controls, but this is the info I already had available to me.
There is no single list of all Properties, Methods and Events on a per control basis.

I think it may be a difference in documentation style between what I am used to and expect (Microsoft) and what you actually offer.
In order to improve your online documentation I suggest that on a per-control basis, as well as Overview, Getting Started and How To sections, you also offer a complete list of Properties, Methods and Events on a single page. Each one of these would be a link to where you discuss that property/method/event further - even if this is within one of the sub-category pages you already have.

I hope you can see my point of view as currently I feel the documentation is the weakpoint in the Syncfusion offering, as I find the controls themselves and the support excellent.

Thanks

Paul

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team June 27, 2019 05:25 PM UTC

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

Queries 
Response 
If I click the link you provided from within the notification email I received that you had posted a reply, then it takes me to Syncfusion.Compression namespace. 
But if I click the same link in this actual post, it takes me to Syncfusion.Buttons.XForms assembly I have no idea why the inconsistency there. 
We are able to reproduce the reported issue on our end and will fix and refresh it on Online on June 28, 2019 (Friday) before EOD.  
Here's another inconsistency - the link you gave is not the same as the URL in the screenshot. 
We shared the screenshot to know you where the API Reference of our Syncfusion controls is linked in the help document and highlighted the same in screenshot.  
The "API Reference" is not at all what I needed as this only documents the namespaces and not the controls. 
However underneath "API Reference" there is a list of all controls, but this is the info I already had available to me. 
There is no single list of all Properties, Methods and Events on a per control basis. 

I think it may be a difference in documentation style between what I am used to and expect (Microsoft) and what you actually offer. 
In order to improve your online documentation I suggest that on a per-control basis, as well as Overview, Getting Started and How To sections, you also offer a complete list of Properties, Methods and Events on a single page. Each one of these would be a link to where you discuss that property/method/event further - even if this is within one of the sub-category pages you already have. 

I hope you can see my point of view as currently I feel the documentation is the weakpoint in the Syncfusion offering, as I find the controls themselves and the support excellent. 

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.  

We have validated your requirement and we like to let you know that we have logged a feature request on this and considered for documentation improvements. We will plan and complete this in any of our upcoming releases.   

Regards, 
Vadivel Natarajan  

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team July 1, 2019 08:54 AM UTC

We have fixed the reported URL navigation issue and refreshed in Online. Please check now. 

Regards, 
Vadivel Natarajan  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon