We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

WPF PDF Viewer Ink Annotations not detected and saved (Even in syncfusion getting started demo project)

Hi, I have a problem using the pdfviewer version 17.1.0.38

Using this version of PdfViewer for WPF, I am trying to add ink annotation to pdf. When I click the toggle button with pen, choose color and then I can draw which is ok. But whenever I save the document, ink annotations are not detected in annotations collection thus, nothing is saved. Something seems to be wrong since when I draw using ink, there are no handles allowing me to delete the annotation it seems like it is flatten by default...

I have tried using freetext, shape, highlighter, everything works fine except ink.

The odd behavior is exactly the same in the Syncfusion Control panel 17.1.0.38 PdfViewer getting started demo. 

To reproduce the problem, please see these steps:

Thanks a lot for the support

8 Replies

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team June 20, 2019 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Jean, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We tried to reproduce the issue “Ink annotation is not detected once the PDF document is saved using PdfViewerControl” in our side. But the behavior is working as expected. Please find the sample in the below link for your reference. 

Kindly share the following details to analyze more on this issue and assist you with better solution. 

1. Simple sample/ modify the sample to reproduce the issue.
  2. PDF document which you using to reproduce the issue.
  3. Visual Studio version
  4. Operating system details.

Regards,
Sathish 

JP Jean Philippe Gagliardi June 20, 2019 07:06 PM UTC

Hi, thanks for your feedback,

"Same happens in local Syncfusion demo project"
I have attached a video showing what I am saying about ink not saving.

PC is windows 10

"Test for sample solution sent by support"
Working with VS2019 changed Target .net Framework for 4.5 as per my own solution.
Changed dlls for my installation instead of 17.1451.0.38 it's 17.1450.0.38
Run project PdfViewerWPF
Sample video attached also.

Thanks a lot for your support !

Attachment: ice_video_20190620150315_c66202ce.zip

JP Jean Philippe Gagliardi June 20, 2019 07:11 PM UTC

here second video attached. Also, test solution was run in VS Community 2017 and the odd behavior is the same as my solution in VS Community 2019

In my own solution I saw the problem because we work with the annotations. FreeTextAnnotation are listed as well as any other kind of Annotation in the page Annotations list except inkannotations using pen, we have nothing listed for that.

Attachment: ice_video_20190620144701_e19c9f94.zip

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team June 21, 2019 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your update.

We are able to reproduce the issue "Ink annotation is not preserved properly once it is added into the PDF document using PdfViewer" in our side. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis and we will update further details on 25th June 2019.

Regards,
Sathish

US Uthandaraja Selva Sundara Kani Syncfusion Team June 25, 2019 02:03 PM UTC

Hi Jean, 

We have confirmed that the issue “Ink annotation is not preserved when saving the PDF document” is a defect and logged a defect report for this issue. The fix will be included in our 2019 Vol 2 main release which is expected to be available in the month of July 2019. 

Regards, 
Uthandaraja S 

JP Jean Philippe Gagliardi June 25, 2019 08:06 PM UTC

Ok thanks, we will be looking forward to the new version.

Thanks for the support.

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team June 26, 2019 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Jean, 

Thank you for your update. 

We will update you once the Essential Studio 2019 Vol 2 release is rolled out. 

Regards,
Sathish 

US Uthandaraja Selva Sundara Kani Syncfusion Team July 12, 2019 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Jean, 
The fix for the issue Ink annotation is not preserved when saving the PDF document is included in our 2019 Volume 2 main release. Essential Studio 2019 Volume 2 release v17.2.0.34 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.  
We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Uthandaraja S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon