We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Filtering with FilterBar column type

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

145344 Jun 18,2019 09:40 AM UTC Jun 18,2019 10:08 AM UTC Angular - EJ 2 1
Tags: Grid
Unknown
Asked On June 18, 2019 09:40 AM UTC

Hello,

when I am trying to filter data in FilterBar I need to get column type but even if I set type for column - on filter it is every time undefined. I am doing something wrong? Or I am searching not where it should be?

I am sending sample where you can see that columns have types but on searching the type is undefined: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-tww3dj-op5n7u?file=app.component.ts

Pavithra Subramaniyam [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 18, 2019 10:08 AM UTC

Hi AC, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

In the actionBegin event arguments, You can get the information about current filtering column “type” by invoking getColumnbyField method of the Grid with current filtering column name. 

Please find the below code snippet and documentation link for more information. 

ngOnInit(): void {  
}  

actionBegin(args){  
if(args.requestType === 'filtering'){  
let filterColumn = this.grid.getColumnByField(args.currentFilteringColumn); //here you can get the current filtering column column details. 
let columnType = filterColumn.type;  //here you can get the column type 
}  
}  

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon