We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Issue with report data grouping / table layouting

Hello,

I have some problems to accomplish following report layout with Table/Tablix/Matrix control in report designer?

I simplified my issue to following easy scenario. Let's say I have data like this in my dataset:

How can I design a report that groups and layouts the data in a way like:

I have tried this with different groupings as well as a subreport for the centered "extra line"-productgroup, but I can't do it. Would be awesome if you have an idea!

best regards

5 Replies

MS Mahendran Shanmugam Syncfusion Team June 14, 2019 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Gert, 

Yes, we can able to create the report with your requirement. Please find the below example for your reference. 
1.Created the dataset with below column. 
a.DepartmentID 
b.Name 
c.GroupName 
d.ModifiedDate 

2.Created the table with below columns as shown in below snap. 
a.DepartmentID 
b.Name 
c.ModifiedDate 

3.Created the group with GroupName as shown in below snap. 

4.Delete the GroupName column with “delete column only” option as shown in below snap. 

5.RightClick the detail row, select the insert Row button and choose the Outside Group – above option as shown in below snap. 

5. Add the GroupName in center column as shown in below snap. 

Output: 

We have prepared the simple RDL file for your reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Regards, 
Mahendran S. 

GW gwoo June 14, 2019 09:01 AM UTC

Wow, thanks a lot for that fast help. That trick does the job!

Tried it first in WPF designer, which did not work. After creating in web designer it worked, also when viewing the file from the web designer with the WPF viewer... strange

Another short question: Any chanc to alternate the background color of the detail row? =IIf(RowNumber(NOTHING) MOD 2, "","LIGHTGRAY") doesn't seem to work, maybe because of the grouping?

cheers

MS Mahendran Shanmugam Syncfusion Team June 14, 2019 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Gert, 

Thanks for your update. 

Could you please confirm are you asking how to set the expression for background color in web report designer. If yes please find the below step how to set the expression for textbox. 
1.Click the textbox, go to the property panel and click the check box of the background as shown in below snap. 

2. Choose the expression and provide expression as shown in below snap. 

If we misunderstood your requirement then could you please share some additional details to validate this issue. 

Regards, 
Mahendran S. 

GW gwoo June 14, 2019 12:08 PM UTC

Yes it's about setting the background color by expression, but my problem ist not the setting itself - it is the correct setting/expression for alternate row colors.
Related to your appreciated example from above, i would like to have alternating row background colors of the department rows.
Something like this:

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 17, 2019 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Gert, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently we don’t have multiple selection for Tablix rows. So, could you please pass the expression for all columns in rows separately as shown in below snap. 

Output snap: 

We have prepared the simple RDL file for your reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon