We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Merging slides from two PowerPoints using the Insert() method and not using the SourceFormatting paste option

Hello,

I'm running into a very frustrating issue with merging 2 slides from one PowerPoint into another PowerPoint. I have it working just fine using the .Add(slide, pasteoptions, sourcePres) method that adds the slide to the bottom of the PPTX, however I need to place the 2 slides in a particular spot that is dynamically determined in earlier code. I have been trying to use the .Insert(int location, islide slide) method on the Presentation.Slides object, but I'm getting really inconsistent results with the master slides and layouts not adhering to the source slides at all and instead I'm seeing random master slides and layouts being applied which messes up the colors and font styles.

Again, when using the .Add() method which allows me to use the SourceFormatting for the paste options works perfectly fine. I'm curious if there is something I'm missing that will allow me to use the Insert() method and also the SourceFormatting options too so I can put the slides in a particular location?

Thank you.

5 Replies

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team June 13, 2019 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

At present, we do not have support to “Insert slide with Formatting” in our Essential PowerPoint library. We have logged a feature report. We have planned to implement this feature in our upcoming 2019 Volume 3 release which is estimated to be available in the end of September tentatively.
The status of the feature report can be tracked through the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/6875/insert-slide-with-formatting

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

JA Joshua Anderson August 23, 2019 12:51 PM UTC

Thank you for the reply.

Just curious if there is any update on this as we get closer to September? I don't see any updates on the Feedback link here: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/6875/insert-slide-with-formatting for the feature request.

Thank you!

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your update.

As mentioned earlier, we are internally working on the feature with "Insert slide with formatting". We will complete this feature and include in our upcoming 2019 Volume 3 release as promised earlier, which is estimated to be available in the end of September 2019.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

JA Joshua Anderson replied to Vijayasurya Anandhan August 26, 2019 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Joshua,

As mentioned earlier, we are internally working on the feature with "Insert slide with formatting". We will complete this feature and include in our upcoming 2019 Volume 3 release as promised earlier, which is estimated to be available in the end of September 2019.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

Thank you for the update.

I'm curious if there is a planned beta release of the these updates or nothing until the official release later in September?

And also, does Syncfusion plan to release this update on Nuget?

Thank you.

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Joshua,

Please find the details for your queries below as follows:

I'm curious if there is a planned beta release of these updates or nothing until the official release later in September?
Yes, our 2019 Volume 3 Beta release (Preview version of 2019 Volume 3 release) is estimated to be available in the mid of September 2019 tentatively, which will be helpful to test the feature with "Insert slide with Formatting".

And also, does Syncfusion plan to release this update on NuGet?
Yes for every release, including the Beta release Syncfusion will release the updated NuGet, which can be downloaded from nuget.org.

Please let us know if you need further assistance in this.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon