We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Add Issue

Hi,

I am validating something from backend so in response i am getting error then too in that grid it is displaying that newly added line so how i can avoid it that if error is coming then it should not show that grid line in grid?

1 Reply

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team June 13, 2019 06:07 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

You can skip the add action based on validation result by setting the cancel as true in the actionComplete event. Please refer to the below code example, documentation link and sample link for more information. 

[index.jsx] 
export class NormalEdit extends SampleBase { 

actionBegin(args) { 
         // works for add action. if you wan tto validate on both edit and add, remove the condition for args.action 
        if (args.requestType === 'save' && args.action == "add" ) { 
          if(args.data.OrderID == 1){  // here you do server validation and based on that enable "cancel"  
            args.cancel = true; 
          // if you want to stay in edit state you can remove the below line 
            this.gridInstance.closeEdit(); 
          } 
        } 
    } 
    render() { 
        return (<div className='control-pane'> 
          <GridComponent dataSource={orderDataSource} ref={grid => this.gridInstance = grid} toolbar={this.toolbarOptions} allowPaging={true}  
                                           editSettings={this.editSettings} pageSettings={this.pageSettings} actionBegin={this.actionBegin.bind(this)}> 
              <ColumnsDirective> 
                .  .  . 
              </ColumnsDirective> 
              <Inject services={[Page, Toolbar, Edit]}/> 
            </GridComponent> 
        </div>); 
    } 
} 

render(<NormalEdit />, document.getElementById('sample')); 

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/react/documentation/api/grid/#closeedit 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon