We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hide column in grid

Hi,

I have a question, I want to hide certain column in the datagrid based on a dropdown list value.

Ex. Value in dropdown list, (Date, String, Currency)
Based on the value that being choose by user, certain column will be hide.

Thank you.

1 Reply

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team May 31, 2019 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Mohd, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query: I have a question, I want to hide certain column in the datagrid based on a dropdown list value. Ex. Value in dropdown list, (Date, String, Currency) Based on the value that being choose by user, certain column will be hide. 

We have validated your query and created sample based on your requirement. Here, we have bind dropdown list with date, string and currency values. Based on the selection in the dropdownlist, the corresponding column is hide in the grid by using hideColumns method of the grid. Please find the below code example and sample for your reference. 

[code example] 
<div> 

<ejs-dropdownlist id="games" dataSource="@ViewBag.data" select="select" popupWidth="300px" placeholder="Select a game" popupHeight="220px"> 
    </ejs-dropdownlist> 

<ejs-grid id="Grid" dataSource="ViewBag.DataSource" allowPaging="true" toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "Search" })"> 
       <e-grid-selectionSettings persistSelection="true" checkboxOnly="true"></e-grid-selectionSettings> 
        <e-grid-columns> 
            <e-grid-column field="OrderID" headerText="Order ID" textAlign="Right" width="120"></e-grid-column> 
            <e-grid-column field="CustomerID" headerText="Customer Name" type="string" width="150"></e-grid-column> 
            <e-grid-column field="OrderDate" headerText=" Order Date" type="date" format="yMd" width="130"></e-grid-column> 
            <e-grid-column field="Freight" headerText="Freight" format="C2" type="number" width="120"></e-grid-column> 
            <e-grid-column field="ShippedDate" headerText="Shipped Date" type="date" format="yMd" width="140"></e-grid-column> 
        </e-grid-columns> 
    </ejs-grid> 
</div> 

<script> 
    function select(args) { 
        var type = ""; 
        if (args.itemData.value == "Date") { 
            type = "date"; 
        } else if (args.itemData.value == "String") { 
            type = "string"; 
        } else if (args.itemData.value == "Currency") { 
            type = "number"; 
        } 
        var gridObj = document.getElementsByClassName('e-grid')[0]['ej2_instances'][0] 
        for (var i = 0; i < gridObj.getColumns().length; i++) { 
            if (gridObj.getColumns()[i].type == type) { 
                gridObj.hideColumns([gridObj.getColumns()[i].headerText]); 
            } else if (gridObj.getColumns()[i].type == type) { 
            } 
            else if (gridObj.getColumns()[i].type == type) { 
            } 
        } 
    } 
</script> 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Hariharan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon