We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dashboard Designer: Command Timeout/Defer Update

Hello,

is it possible to set up Command Timeout (not Connect Timeout) and Defer Update in web-based Dashboard Designer?
My queries time out, the default time out is very short (30 secs?)

Is it possible to try also Desktop Dashboard Designer. It seems to support more features.

Thank you. 
Regards
Jan

9 Replies

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team May 31, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Jan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please find response for your queries 

Query Response
is it possible to set up Command Timeout (not Connect Timeout) and Defer Update in web-based Dashboard Designer?
My queries time out, the default time out is very short (30 secs?)

No, we have logged your feature request in our Syncfusion feedback portal for command timeout and defer update option in Web based Dashboard designer(Dashboard On-Premises setup). We have planned to include command timeout feature for SQL data sources in next release. 

Please do upvote in the feedback portal. We will add these features in Dashboard On-Premises setup based on high user votes. 
Is it possible to try also Desktop Dashboard Designer. It seems to support more features.
We suspect that you are mentioning the Default Command time out of SQL connection. But in our Desktop Designer application we have internally modified the Command time out value as 330s (i.e. 5min). Also we have Defer Update support in our Desktop Designer application, please refer below UG documentation for further reference , 

Please let us know, if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

JH Jan Havel May 31, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply.

When can I expect the next release with these features (roughly) ?

Can you provide or send me directly download link to Desktop Dashboard Designer? If not, please stop talking about it. According to your training videos, it must have been a wonderful application.

Regards
Jan

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team June 3, 2019 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Jan,  

Please find the below response for your queries.  
Query  
Response  
When can I expect the next release with these features (roughly) ? 
The Command Timeout support will be available in our upcoming On- premises Web Designer  release which is expected to be rolled out by 1st week of July, 2019.  

As per our roadmap, we don’t have any immediate plan for “Defer Update” support. so as of now we have logged feature request for this as mentioned in previous update and it may be available in our 2019 Quarter 4 release.   
Can you provide or send me directly download link to Desktop Dashboard Designer? 
Currently, we have moved our Desktop Designer application to maintenance mode so that we have stopped further improvements in Desktop Designer. We are strongly suggest you to use our Web Designer product that is integrated with Dashboard Server to create/ edit dashboards.   

We have already planned to add all of our Desktop Designer features in our Web Designer application in near future. So kindly let us know what are all functionalities you need to use in our Web Designer application which are currently not available. Based on your requirement we reprioritize the features in our roadmap.  

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

JH Jan Havel June 3, 2019 12:45 PM UTC

Hello Renuka,

thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for including Command Timeout in the next release, if it is within a month, that's worderful.

The desktop designer allows for deferring update, datasource parameters, creating widgets, to name a few features I met. I would use it as an "unsupported app".

I will wait for the next release.

Regards
Jan

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team June 4, 2019 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Jan Havel, 

We are actively working on feature parity of web based designer with desktop designer. We will try to include all needed features as soon as possible. 
Thank you for your patience. 

Baskaran V 

JH Jan Havel June 24, 2019 04:01 PM UTC

Would you kindly remind me once the version is released or should I monitor https://www.syncfusion.com/products/release-history/dashboard?
Thank you
Jan

DG Dhivyabharathi Govindaraj Syncfusion Team June 25, 2019 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Jan, 

Yes, once our product is released we will notify you. Due to some internal plan changes, we have postponed our 4.1 release to 2nd week of July 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Dhivya 

JH Jan Havel September 18, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hello,

has been this feature already implemented in the Bold BI On Premise?

Thank you for information.
Regards
Jan

DG Dhivyabharathi Govindaraj Syncfusion Team September 19, 2019 05:22 AM UTC

Hi Jan, 

Yes, we have included the Command Time out support in our Bold BI On- Premise edition. Please find below screen shot, 

You can get started our Bold BI On-Premise edition from below links,  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you need further assistance.   

Regards,   
Dhivya  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon