We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell Click Event in ejgrid

I want to open a popup which contain another page window how should I do this using cell click event in ejgrid syncfusion....  Thanks in Advance 

1 Reply

FS Farveen Sulthana Thameeztheen Basha Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 04:03 PM UTC

Hi Bhavesh, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Query#:- I want to open a popup which contain another page window how should I do this using cell click event in ejgrid syncfusion 

We have achieved your requirement “open popup while clicking on the cell” through recordClick event of the Gird. In recordClick event of the Grid, we have open the ejDialog on clicking on the particular cell. 

Please refer to the code example:- 

<script type="text/javascript"> 
    $(function () { 
        $("#Grid").ejGrid({ 
            // the datasource "window.employeeData" is referred from templatelocaldata.js 
            dataSource: window.gridData, 
            allowPaging: true, 
            allowSelection: true, 
            columns: [ 
                .    .     . 

{ field: "LastName", headerText: "Last Name", width: 100, format: "<a class='symbol'>{Symbol}</a>" }, 
                { field: "HireDate", headerText: "Hire Date", width: 100, format: "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}", textAlign: ej.TextAlign.Right }, 
                { field: "Country", headerText: "Country", width: 100 }, 

], 
            recordClick: "click", 
        }); 

}); 
    function click(args) { 
        if (args.cell.find('a').hasClass("symbol")) { 
            $("#commanddialog").ejDialog({ showOnInit: false }); 
            $("#commanddialog").ejDialog("open"); 
        } 
    } 
</script> 

Refer to the API Link:- 

If your requirement is different from above solution please get back to us with further details. 

Regards, 
Farveen sulthana T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon