We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Client memory usage increases by 30MB every timer tick

Hello syncfusion.

I created a Syncfusion project for webforms a while ago.
The idea of the program is that its a live monitoring tool (display the data for current day/week). Once every x amount of seconds it sends a trigger to the code behind to get some data from the a database, do some calculations with it and then display the data in some labels and on a few circulargauges. 

I got everything to work pretty decently, however every time it loads the new data the memory usage increases by ~30MB. With a refresh rate of 6 times per minute it takes about 4minutes till the memory usage reaches like 720MB. So it gets out of hand real quick.

At first it thought i maybe had a memory leak in the code behind. After changing all the database connections to dispose correctly by using:
 using(SqlConnection mksql = new SqlConnection(connectionStringmksql)){} i found out the memory leak wasnt caused by the code behind but mainly because of the circulairgauges (and some labels).

I found that out because i removed the circulargauges code (and the code behind code that sets the value of these gauges) for the aspx page and then the memory usage remained pretty stable at 89MB. Only increasing a little (to 92MB) when the trigger hits but it returns to 89MB. 

So i can confidently say its because of the circulargauges. What am i doing wrong with updating them that causes the browser to store extra data everytime? I also tried to change the VIEWSTATE to disabled but it doesnt help either.

In the code that i have attached (couldnt attach the whole project but its everything except for the bin folder) i commented out the data retrieving functions from the database (to show it isnt the cause of the memory usage increase and because i cant publish the database data easily).

I hope you can help me with my problem. Im fairly new to ASP.NET so im probably making a stupid mistake somewhere but i cant find a way to fix this.

Attachment: Project_c5449875.rar

1 Reply

BP Baby Palanidurai Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Pim, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have checked the reported scenario at our end. Based on your scenario and replication steps, we have prepared a sample with only two gauges and we can replicate the reported issue at our end. Gauge control has support for responsive behavior based on the client browser’s width and height. IsResponsive property is used to enable the responsive.  When we resize the browser or reload the page, then the gauge size will be updated. For this purpose only, isResponsive used.  

In your sample, we have checked with set false to isResponsive, then there is no memory leak. So, if you don’t require IsResponsive, kindly remove this property. Kindly check with this with your entire project and kindly reverts with details about what is the purpose you need isResponsive. So that we will consider fixing the reported scenario at our end. 

Regards, 
Baby. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon