We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error displaying spreadsheet in another server

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet control that imports a default excel file whenever the user loads the page. It works perfectly on my local computer but it shows a display error in the dev server. The code from both are exactly the same, as is the excel file that is being uploaded. Here is a screenshoot comparing the the page loaded on my local machine and on the server:

Only these numeric values are giving this error, everything else is ok. Any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thank you.

4 Replies

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Erik, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Before we proceed with your reported issue further we would like to let you know the following details.
1. Please ensure that you have used the same Essential Studio version used in JavaScript (ej.web.all.min.js) and DLL versions for both client and server machine.
2. Please share the Essential Studio product version that you have used in your project.
3. If possible please share as an issue reproducible dummy excel file that you have loaded into the spreadsheet. 

Could you please check the above details based on that we will check and provide you a better solution quickly? 

Thanks, 
Christo 

ER Erik May 30, 2019 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Christopher.

Thank you for the response.

1. Please ensure that you have used the same Essential Studio version used in JavaScript (ej.web.all.min.js) and DLL versions for both client and server machine.
I checked the files on the client and the server and they have the same version

2. Please share the Essential Studio product version that you have used in your project.

3. If possible please share as an issue reproducible dummy excel file that you have loaded into the spreadsheet.
It is attached in this post.

I have further investigated this issue and it seems that what might be causing the problem is that the js files are being bundled in the release version of the application, as the problem doesn't happen with the files included individually.

Attachment: Spreadsheet_bfbbeb6f.zip

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team May 31, 2019 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Erik, 

Thank you for sharing excel file. 

We have checked your attached excel file in 16.4.0.42 version and we are not able to reproduce the reported issue in our end. Please check the issue in below sample, 

As you mentioned the problem occurred when the bundling JS script files. Could you please provide me the information about bundling JS file list? Based on that we will validate and provide you better solution quickly.   

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

ER Erik June 11, 2019 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Vinnoh,

Sorry fot the late response. The js files are bundled as follows:

bundles.Add(new ScriptBundle("~/bundles/common-scripts").Include(
                        "~/Scripts/jquery-3.3.1.min.js",
                        "~/Scripts/jsrender.min.js",
                        "~/Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js",
                        "~/Scripts/ej.culture.en-US.min.js",
                        "~/Scripts/ej.culture.es-ES.min.js",
                        "~/Scripts/ej.culture.pt-BR.min.js",
                        "~/Scripts/ej/ej.unobtrusive.min.js",
                        "~/Assets/Plugins/sweet-alert/sweetalert.min.js",
                        "~/Assets/Plugins/toastr/toastr.min.js"
                        ));

I tested isolating the "ej/ej.web.all.min.js" in a bundle to see if something changes but it seems that whatever I include this file the error occurs.

Best regards,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon