We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to align bullets to the left margin

I need to left align an unordered (bullets) list with the left margin of the page / web view in the RichTextBox control.  See the attached image of what I want to accomplish.  This image is from Word.  How can I accomplish this same functionality using SfRichTextBoxAdv?

Regards,
Arthur

Attachment: bulletalignment_cf3357eb.zip

12 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 28, 2019 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Arthur, 
We can reproduce the reported issue with alignment of bullets with left margin. We are validating the reported issue and we will get back to you with further details on May 30th, 2019. 
Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Arthur,  

Reported Issue : Bullets are not aligned properly with left margin 

We have confirmed this as a defect report. We have logged the defect report for this. We will fix this issue and provide the patch on June 20th, 2019.  

Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team June 20, 2019 05:25 PM UTC

Hi Arthur, 
We have fixed the issue with List gets removed while changing the paragraph properties through Paragraph dialog. The patch can be downloaded from the following location.    

Note: Now you can left align an unordered (bullets) list with the left margin of the page by decreasing the paragraph’s LeftIndent.  
Recommended approach - exe will perform automatic configuration 
Please find the patch setup from below location: 
Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment 
Please find the patch assemblies alone from below location:    

Assembly Version: 17.1.0.38 

Installation Directions :  
This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.SfRichTextBoxAdv.WPF” under the following folder. 

$system drive:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\WPF\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\4.5.1 

Eg : $system drive:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\WPF\ 17.1.0.38\precompiledassemblies\4.5.1 

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.    

Note :  
You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences. 

Disclaimer :  
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.1.0.38 specifically to resolve the issues reported in this forum #144891. And this fix will be included in our Volume 2, 2019 SP 1 release.   

If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. 
Regards, 
Ramya T 

AB Arthur Butler December 14, 2019 10:29 AM UTC

This fix did not make it into v17.3.0.34.  I can reproduce this in that version.

PS Premkumar Sundaramoorthy Syncfusion Team December 16, 2019 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Arthur, 

Thank you for the update, 

We have checked in v17.3.0.34, but we couldn’t reproduce the reported issue List gets removed while changing the paragraph properties through Paragraph dialog.  
Please refer the below attached video for replication procedure, if your replication steps are different from this, please share your replication steps to reproduce the issue.  

Note: Make sure your application is referring assembly with version 17.3.0.34. Because there is a chance for old assemblies referring from GAC. 

Regards, 
Premkumar 

AB Arthur Butler December 18, 2019 07:32 AM UTC

While I can modify the paragraph indentation as you show in you video, I am reporting that when I outdent the bulleted list, the bullets move off the screen when I expect them to be aligned with the left margin.

Regards.
Arthur

PS Premkumar Sundaramoorthy Syncfusion Team December 19, 2019 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Arthur, 

We are facing the issue, bullets get removed while set the left indent of the list applied paragraph to zero in continuous layout mode. And suspect that you are reporting the same issue. Please find the below attached video for more details. 

Please confirm as whether you are facing the same issue. If not, please share the complete replication steps to reproduce the issue. It will helps us to provide you the appropriate solution at the earliest.  

Regards, 
Premkumar 

AB Arthur Butler December 21, 2019 07:35 AM UTC

The issue in your video appears to be the same issue that I am facing.  I use the toolbar to outdent the list and when it hits the page margin , it seems that the bullets are off the screen.

Regards,
Arthur

PS Premkumar Sundaramoorthy Syncfusion Team December 23, 2019 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Arthur, 

We will validate the issue List bullets gets removed while set the left indent of the paragraph to zero and get back to you with more details on December 30, 2019. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Regards, 
Premkumar 

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team December 30, 2019 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Arthur, 

We have analyzed further about the bullets disappeared when setting left indent as zero through paragraph dialog. When we try the same steps in Microsoft Word application, it moves the bullet left side (outside the left margin) and the bullet is not visible. The SfRichTextBoxAdv control does the same behavior. 

To perform outdent operation and stop moving the content outside of the left margin, use the DecreaseIndentCommand of SfRichTextBoxAdv control instead of setting left indent property to zero. This command works like decrease indent option in Home ribbon tab of Microsoft Word application and stops processing when it reached left margin. For more information about using commands, please refer the UG documentation

Please let us know if have any other questions. 

Regards 
Gunasekaran 

AB Arthur Butler November 11, 2021 09:26 AM UTC

I am revisiting this issue.  I do the following in Word:

1. Set the View to Web Layout
  2. Add a numbered list
  3. Select the numbered list and then click the Decrease Indent toolbar button
The result is what I want - the numbered list is aligned with the left margin - see attached.

How can I achieve that same result with SfRichTextBoxAdv control?

Regards,
Arthur

Attachment: numberedlists_6b2ac030.zip

KG Kalaivannan Ganesan Syncfusion Team November 12, 2021 04:28 PM UTC

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the update.

The selection cannot be made on the number and other formats of the numerical list. Instead, the paragraph of the respective list can be selected and can increase and decrease the indent. We have also created a sample to demonstrate the same which can be downloaded from the below location.

Sample link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/144891/ze/RTE_List1961127153

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Kalaivannan Ganesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon