We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DashboardLayoutComponent - resizing panels

Hi, 
In my project I use DashboardComponentLayout.
I would like to add the option of resizing according to the documentation https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/dashboard-layout/interaction-with-panels/resizing-of-panels/#resizing-panels. However, both in the preview and in my application it does not work. I enclose the code snippet:

dashboard.component.html
<ejs-dashboardlayout id='editLayout' #editLayout [columns]='columns' (created)="onCreate()" 
[cellSpacing]='cellSpacing' [cellAspectRatio]='aspectRatio' [allowResizing]='allowResizing' 
[allowFloating]='allowFloating' [allowDragging]='true' [resizableHandles]='resizableHandles' 
[mediaQuery]='mediaQuery'>

dashboard.component.ts
public columns: string = "5";
public cellSpacing: number[] = [30, 30];
public aspectRatio: any = 100 / 50;
public allowResizing: boolean = true;
public allowFloating: boolean = true;
public showItemOnClick: boolean = true;
public resizableHandles: string[] = ['se','e','w','n','s'];
public mediaQuery: string = 'max-width: 900px';
public dashboardProfiles: { [key: string]: Object }[] = [];
public dashboardMergeProfiles: { [key: string]: Object }[] = [];
public profileTarget: HTMLElement;
public isRepairer: boolean = false;
public isUser: boolean = false;
Please, give me a hint as to the problem.

6 Replies

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team May 28, 2019 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Grzegorz, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We were able to replicate your reported Resizing of panels not working in Dashboard Layout issue at our end. The root cause for this is the value for resizableHandles property has been wrongly documented in the help site. The value for resizableHandles property must be given like below, 

public resizableHandles: string[] = ['e-south-east', 'e-east', 'e-west', 'e-north', 'e-south']; 

We have prepared a sample for your reference. Please find it below, 

We are sorry for this inconvenience. We will correct this in our documentation and refresh it online in our upcoming weekly patch release which is expected to roll out on 4th June 2019. 

Please let us know, if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

GG Grzegorz Golen May 29, 2019 06:08 AM UTC

Thank you for Your response. 

I adapted my code to the proposed changes. However, in my application or in the example you upload, change of conversion does not work. Below the screen fragment of the dashboard sent example - the panels has no edge and can not ,be caught'. Only the content of the number panels is visible. Please, let me know what else I am doing incorrectly? With the appropriate version of the DashboardLayoutComponnet 17.1.48 component?

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Grzegorz Golen, 

Thank you for providing the screenshot of your problem. 

The reported problem occurs due to missed or improper way to refer our Dashboard Layout component style reference in your application. Could you please ensure it? 

Please refer the below help document to refer the DashboardLayout component related styles in your application. 

Note: The below stackblitz sample, we have referred our Syncfusion component related styles in index.html page, please find it. 

Please let us know, if you have any concern on this. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B.  

GG Grzegorz Golen May 30, 2019 10:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Now everything works. Thank you so much for your help.

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Grzegorz Golen, 

We are glad to know that the provided suggestion helped you to resolve the issue. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team June 11, 2019 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Grzegorz Golen, 

As per your suggestion, we have updated the documentation changes in dashboard layout and refreshed in online. Could you please check changes in below online location and update your concerns? 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon