We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editing in batch mode

I am having a problem when clicking on the edit button in batch mode. I understand that double clicking edits the row, but would like the edit button to work as well. 

1 Reply

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team May 23, 2019 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Eric,  

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

You can start cell editing with toolbar Edit button by using the editCell method of Grid. In the below sample, we have edited the cell using editCell method in toolbar click event.  

Please check the below code example, documentation link and sample link for more information. 

<template> 
  <div id="app"> 
     <ejs-grid :dataSource='data' ref="grid" :toolbarClick="toolbarClick" :editSettings='editSettings' :toolbar='toolbar' height='273px'> 
            <e-columns> 
                 .  .  . 
            </e-columns> 
        </ejs-grid> 
  </div> 
</template> 

<script> 
import Vue from "vue"; 
import { GridPlugin,Page, Toolbar, Edit } from "@syncfusion/ej2-vue-grids"; 
import { data } from './datasource.js'; 
Vue.use(GridPlugin); 
export default { 
  name: "App", 
    .  .  . 
   methods: { 
    toolbarClick: function(args) {  
      if(args['item'].text === 'Edit') { 
             // here we have stop the mouse event propagation to avoid cell save 
        args.originalEvent.stopPropagation();                  this.$refs.grid.ej2Instances.editModule.editCell(Math.min(this.$refs.grid.ej2Instances.getSelectedRowIndexes()), "CustomerID"); 
     } 
    }      
   } 
}; 
</script> 

Sample               : https://codesandbox.io/s/vue-template-i4kmw 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance on this.  

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon