We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExportToExcel extension method

Hi everyone,

I recently updated an old project to the version 17.1.0.44 and everything seems to work fine, except for the ExportToExcel extension method for the GridTreeControl that somehow I'm not able to find. Going through the documentation I see that I need the library Syncfusion.GridConverter.Wpf, but there is no NuGet package containing that library and on the NuGet site (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.GridConverter.WPF/) it shows as last version 16.4.0.53 with a warning that the package has been unlisted.

Can anybody enlight me on what is going on and how can make my code work again? Is this somehow deprecated? I hope not since Gantt still use the GridTree control in it and I can't see an other way to export the Gantt grid in Excel.

Cheers
Antoine

5 Replies

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team May 15, 2019 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Antoine, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Currently we don’t have the nuggets support for exporting the GridTreeControl control. We are checking for the possibilities to provide the custom nuggets for your reported version. We will get back to you with the complete details on this At  17th May, 2019. 

Thanks for your patients until then. 

Regards, 
Adhi 

NW Nyx Wallace May 20, 2019 06:12 AM UTC

Hello Adhi,

Can I have a status update on my question?

Cheers
Antoine

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Antoine, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have analyzed your reported scenario at our end. We are unable to provide the private patch and assemblies for the weekly nuget. Can you please upgrade to our latest release 17.1.0.47 (2019 Volume1 SP1). It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

NW Nyx Wallace May 20, 2019 06:18 AM UTC

Hello Dinesh Babu Yadav,

I have updated my project to the requested version, is there any work around to get this functionality back while I wait for the NuGet package?

Cheers
Antoine

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Antoine, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have prepared the custom assemblies for your version 17.1.0.47 for the GridConverter.WPF assembly. You can download and install the assemblies from the following link, 

Recommended approach - exe will perform automatic configuration    
Please find the assembly setup from below location:    

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment   
Please find the patch assemblies alone from below location:    

Assembly Version: 17.1.0.47   

Installation Directions : This patch should replace the files “GridConverter.WPF” under the following folder.   
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\[TargetFramework]   
Example : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\17.1.0.47\precompiledassemblies\17.1.0.47\4.0    

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.    

Note :    
To change how you receive bug fixes, ask your license management portal admin to change your project’s patch delivery mode.    

Disclaimer :    
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.1.0.47 specifically to resolve the issue reported in this forum 144613.    

Regards, 
Adhi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon