We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Retain last selected row and page in Grid after postback

Hi,

I am implementing EJS syncfusion grid server side pagination and search by web api adaptor as i mentioned below screen shot. 

When click "Edit" icon or "Row double click" it will go to Edit page. When submit it will be back to grid. Here i want to retain the "Double click row should be selected" and "Page", "search" also retain. Please help me to solve this. 

I am using asp.net core 

Here is my server side code for Paging and Searching,

3 Replies

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team May 16, 2019 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Mani, 

Greetings from the Syncfusion support, 

As we have validated your code example and created a sample with your requirements. In below code example, you can retain the Search, Paging and Selection of EJ2 Grid when double click on the EJ2 Grid row using the “dataBound”, “recordDoubleClick” events in which you can save the Grid  state into local storage and then reset it while returning to the Grid. Please refer the code example and sample for more information. 

[index.cshtml] 

<ejs-grid id="Grid" allowPaging="true" dataBound="onDataBound" recordDoubleClick="ejsGridDoubleClick" toolbar="@(new List<string>() {"Search" })"> 
    <e-data-manager id="myData" url="/api/Orders" adaptor="WebApiAdaptor" crossDomain="true"></e-data-manager> 

<e-grid-columns> 
        <e-grid-column field="OrderID" headerText="Order ID" isPrimaryKey="true" textAlign="Right" width="120"></e-grid-column> 
        <e-grid-column field="CustomerID" headerText="Customer Name" width="150"></e-grid-column> 
        <e-grid-column field="ShipCity" headerText="Ship City" width="170"></e-grid-column> 
        <e-grid-column field="ShipCountry" headerText="Ship Country" template="<a>${ShipCountry}</a>" width="150"></e-grid-column> 
    </e-grid-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

<script> 

var selectIndx; 
    var flag = false; 
    function onDataBound(args) { 
        // Get the EJ2 Grid currentPageIndex, selection index and search string value from local storage 
         // you can also add conditions based on your requirement here 
        var currentPageIndex = parseInt(window.localStorage.getItem("pageIndex"), 10); 
        var selectedRowIndex = parseInt(window.localStorage.getItem("selectIndex"), 10); 
        var searchString = window.localStorage.getItem("searchString"); 
        if ((selectedRowIndex && currentPageIndex == 1) || flag) { 
            selectIndx = selectedRowIndex ? selectedRowIndex : selectIndx; 
            this.selectRows([selectIndx]); 
            window.localStorage.removeItem("selectIndex");   // once set the selection index to grid then, we have reset the local storage            
        } 
        if (currentPageIndex) { 
            this.pageSettings.currentPage = currentPageIndex; 
           window.localStorage.removeItem("pageIndex"); 
            flag = true; 
        } 
        if (searchString) { 
            this.search(searchString); 
            window.localStorage.removeItem("searchString"); 
        } 
    } 

function ejsGridDoubleClick(args) {   
       // Here, we have set the EJ2 Grid currentPageIndex, selection index and search string value to localstorage       
        window.localStorage.setItem("pageIndex", this.pageSettings.currentPage ); 
        window.localStorage.setItem("selectIndex", args.rowIndex);  
        window.localStorage.setItem("searchString", this.searchSettings.properties.key);  

if (window.location.rel='nofollow' href.split("Home").length > 1) { 
            window.location.rel='nofollow' href = window.location.rel='nofollow' href.split("Home")[0] + "Home" + "/About" 
        } else { 
            window.location.rel='nofollow' href = "Home/About" 
        } 
    } 

</script> 

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/javascript/documentation/api/grid/#recorddoubleclick 

Please get back to us, if you any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

MA Mani May 18, 2019 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Pavi,

I think your solution is working fine. Thank you so much.

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Mani,  

Thanks for your update. 

We are happy to hear that the provided solution is working. 

Please contact us if you need any further assistance. As always, we will be happy to assist you.  

Regards,  
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon