We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid: How To Customize The External Editor Template

Hi,

I have the following inquiry regarding the Grid external editor:

I was trying to customize the external editor to render the editable properties into two columns, and I succeeded using the following definition:

Template="#productDialogTemplate
                      Mode="@Syncfusion.EJ2.RazorComponents.Grids.EditMode.Dialog" AllowAdding="true" AllowDeleting="true" AllowEditing="true">

And the template definition is as below (some lines were stripped out to minimize the size of code):

My question is:
The field CategoryID is a foreign key column and therefore I need a way to display a dropdown element to allow the user to change that value so how can I achieve that?

4 Replies

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team May 13, 2019 05:42 AM UTC

Hi Islam, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

Currently, we don’t have template feature on blazor framework in EJ2 components and this feature will be available in Essential studio volume 1 service pack 1, 2019 release which is tentatively planned to be rolled out by mid of May, 2019. Until we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

IY Islam yahia May 15, 2019 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Pavithra S,

I've installed the latest beta release   v17.1.47-beta, but the release notes does not mention anything regarding templates support.

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team May 15, 2019 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Islam, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We are under implementation of the feature “Template support for Blazor components” and is scheduled to be released for our Essential Studio Volume 2 release which will be rolled out by end of June.  You can track the status of the feature in the below feature report page   

Until then we appreciate your patience.  

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 07:38 AM UTC

Hi Islam, 

We would like to let you know that the feature “Template support for Blazor components” will be available in our June 10, 2019. We will let you know once the release is rolled out. Until then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon