We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Some questions about grid

Hello.

I'm using MVC EJ2 Grid for the very first time. I need some help with this subjects:

1. Performing accent insensitive search

When enabling search box, I can execute case insensitve searches. But how can I make them accent insensitive?

This is my Grid declaration:

And this is the ListDataSource:

2. Filter grid from an external control.

I would like to be able to filter the grid from the client side. This action must be similar than the "Search box" option integrated in the grid, only that it would be from outside the grid, and searching only on certain columns.

How can I, from JavaScript, filter the results of the grid?

3. Search box in a grid with foreign keys

I get an error when enabling search box in a grid that has foreing keys. Based on the "ListaDataSource" function in the above screenshot, when you perform a search on a grid with NO foreign key, this piece of code is executed:

The main difference is that, when searching on a grid without foreing keys, the dm.Search (first conditional) is executed. But, when the grid has foreing keys, I get always this error.

Many thanks for your help.

3 Replies

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team May 15, 2019 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Eligio, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query #1: Performing accent insensitive search 

Currently our dataManager does not have the support to handle the accent values. So we need to handle this in server side while performing the search action. Please provide the details whether the accent values are present in Grid data source or searched text. 

General links, 

Query #2:  Filter grid from an external control 

From this query we found that you need to filter the particular column values by using external filter. We suggest to use Grid filterByColumn method to achieve this requirement. Please refer the following code snippet, 

<script type="text/javascript"> 
    document.getElementById("element").addEventListener("click", function (args) { 
        var grid = document.getElementById("Grid").ej2_instances[0]; 
        var textBox = document.getElementById('exsearch').ej2_instances[0]; 
        if (textBox.value == "") 
            grid.clearFiltering(); 
        grid.filterByColumn("CustomerID", "equal", textBox.value); 
    }); 
</script> 

Documentation link for filterByColumn method, 

Query #3: Search box in a grid with foreign keys 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Before we proceeding this we would like to know the below details to provide the better solution for this issue as early as possible. 

1. Did you applied format in any of the Grid columns?
  2. Please share your full Grid client side code snippet.
  3. Which Syncfusion package version you have used in your project?

Regards, 
Hariharan 

EL Eligio May 17, 2019 03:54 PM UTC

Hello.

Thanks for point #1 and #2

Regarding #3:

I'm using 17.1500.0.42 for ASP.NET MVC.

I have attached the file "Movimientos.cshtml" where you can see my grid declaration, and CajaController.cs wich is the controller for that view.

This is the error I get when searching in the Search box of the grid:

And I have checked this only happends when I use foreign keys in the grid. If I remove the foreing key columns in the grid, it works great.

Thanks

Attachment: files_5733fc88.rar

HJ Hariharan J V Syncfusion Team May 21, 2019 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Eligio, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have logged a feature task to provide “ForeignKeyColumn search support in EJ2-DataManager”. This feature will available in any of our upcoming Essential Studio release. Also, you can now track the current status of this feature request here, 

Regards, 
Hariharan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon