We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel to pdf conversion - Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Compression.Base, Version=16.3450.0.29

Hi 
I use Syncfusion to convert excel to pdf documents. It was working fine till I tried to update some dlls to the latest version via Nuget. I realised that one of the dependencies could not be upgraded & hence brought everything back to the initial version of 16.3 . Now when I try to convert an excel file, I get a run time error. I checked that all of them are the same versions for syncfusion.The code compiles fine. 
Can you please help , I needed to add a new feature for our clients and currently the existing portion is broken. 

Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Compression.Base, Version=16.3450.0.29, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.":"Syncfusion.Compression.Base, Version=16.3450.0.29, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89

The part where it is failing when stepping through is 
 using (ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine())

Thanks so much
Jayasri

3 Replies

JS Jayasri Sundaram May 9, 2019 06:14 PM UTC

I upgraded everything to the latest version for asp.net.mvc5 . I get a licensing version error. 
The Syncfusion.licensing.dll has a version of 16.4460.0.52 whereas the Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll is looking for a version number of 16.4450.0.52 for the license. How do we correct this error? I need this working as soon as possible. I have removed and added the nuget packages several times.

I installed the nuget packages exactly as the instruction indicated. I am not sure why the versions of the dlls are off . 

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
Jayasri

JS Jayasri Sundaram May 9, 2019 06:42 PM UTC

I was able to resolve it by manually picking the right sub version of the licensing.dll from the nuget downloaded packages. 

MJ Mohanaselvam Jothi Syncfusion Team May 10, 2019 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Jayasri,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have tried to reproduce the reported problem, but it works properly at our end. For your reference, we have attached the sample application which we tried at our end and it can be downloaded from the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/144522/ze/CreateWordSample-1423654989

We suspect that the problem might be due to the target framework and other settings in your application. So, could you please share us the modified sample of above to reproduce the sample problem. If you face difficulties to share the sample to us, please share below details from your application to check on similar configuration setting at our end.
  1. Target .NET Framework of you MVC application.
  2. “Web.config” file of your application.
  3. List of Syncfusion NuGet packages used in your application.

Based on above details, we will check on your problem and will share you the solution at the earliest.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mohanaselvam J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon