We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Direct upload to amazon S3

Hi Team, 

I have a couple of queries regarding file uploader

• Is it possible to upload files directly to S3 bucket. I am using node.js express backend. To directly upload to S3 the backend should generate a signed url based on the selected file and send it to front end, which in turn will upload it to S3
  • Is it possible to use this file uploader to upload files in the background so that it will exist as a popup at the bottom of the screen and will upload even if the user navigates within the angular app.

8 Replies

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team May 10, 2019 02:19 PM UTC

Hi Sahal, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: 
Is it possible to upload files directly to S3 bucket. I am using node.js express backend. To directly upload to S3 the backend should generate a signed url based on the selected file and send it to front end, which in turn will upload it to S3 

Solution: 
Based on your requirement, we have prepared the uploader sample with ExpressJS server request. 
Please find the sample from below link 

Query 2: 
Is it possible to use this file uploader to upload files in the background so that it will exist as a popup at the bottom of the screen and will upload even if the user navigates within the angular app 

Solution: 
Yes we achieve it using the showFileList property to false. 

Please find the below link 
Api Link: 

Sample Link: 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 
Christo 

SA Sahal May 15, 2019 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Christopher Issac Sunder K,

Thank you for the reply. But I think you did quite get my requirement.

Query 1: 

I need to able to upload files in the background and need the uploader to work as shown in the image below. By this way the uploader  can work without interrupting  user's other task

Query 2:

I need to directly upload to Amazon S3 bucket. Here is a simple documentation demonstrating how the process works

What is missing in the sample you gave is that the save url  should be generated dynamically whenever a file is chosen to upload. 

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Sahal,  

Good day to you.  

Query 1: To upload files in the background and need the uploader to work as shown in the image below. By this way the uploader can work without interrupting user's other task  
We have checked your requirement and it can be achieved by rendering uploader inside Dialog using created event. We have prepared a sample based on your requirement and same can be found in below link,  

Query 2: What is missing in the sample you gave is that the save url should be generated dynamically whenever a file is chosen to upload.  
We would like to let you know that you can get the file name in Success event after the file has been uploaded. You can use that file name to generate dynamic save URL to upload into the server. Please check the below API documentation link for more details,  

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us with more information if you need any further assistance on this?  

Regards,  
Vinoth Kumar S  

ES Elana Stettin May 31, 2019 08:20 PM UTC

Is it possible to upload a file directly to an AWS bucket? the answer to that seemed to be unresolved.

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team June 6, 2019 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Elana, 

Thank you for contacting us. 

Yes, you can upload the files to amazon s3 using EJ2 File upload. For server-side processing, please refer the below amazon documentation link. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Prince  

SA Sahal June 7, 2019 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Prince Oliver,

The issue to directly upload to S3 hasn't been resolved. What is meant by direct upload to upload file to S3 with minimum server interaction
Please go through documentation in the below link to understand how the direct upload works

https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/s3-upload-node

ES Elana Stettin June 7, 2019 08:17 PM UTC

agreed!

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team June 17, 2019 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Sahal / Elana, 

Thank you for your update. 

Currently this is not supported in our end. We are considering this as a feature in our end. This feature will be included in any of our upcoming releases. You can track the status of the feature through the following feedback portal link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/6947/  

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon