We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Does sfchart have dotted series?

Hi,

I'm looking for a dotted series, something like the image I have attached, the closest thing I could find was scatter series, but since the number of points in my chart are too much, the series become like a straight line. In the images I have attached, I have used scatter series for the Green line, but as you see it's just a straight line and not like the desired image (I've attached). Is there any way to have a series like that in sfchart? thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,
Reihaneh

Attachment: Images_b89d1a0f.zip

5 Replies

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team May 6, 2019 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Khaksaran, 

As by your screenshot we noticed that you are added each data point with in the interval of 0.01, So we need to set interval as 0.02 for primary axis   

And AutoScrollingDelta property of ChartAxis class is used to specify the range of data is always visible in chart.  

Code Snippet [XAML] 
  <chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis> 
                    <chart:NumericalAxis Interval="0.02" AutoScrollingDelta="0.2" AutoScrollingMode="Start" > 
                    </chart:NumericalAxis> 
</chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis> 

And we have suggested to use FastScatterSeries for better performance with huge amount of data.  

[XAML] 
. . . 
<chart:FastScatterSeries ItemsSource="{Binding DataSource}" XBindingPath="XValue"  YBindingPath="YValue"/> 
. . . 

We have prepared the sample based on your requirement, that can be downloaded from below link. 

Output: 

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

RK Reihaneh Khaksaran May 9, 2019 12:28 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I set the interval to 0.02, still no luck

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team May 10, 2019 06:53 AM UTC

Hi Khaksaran,  

Since we are not aware of your samples and application scenario, we are unable to provide exact solution for your requirement. So, could you please share your sample code snippet with dummy data which bound to chart. It will be more helpful to understand your requirement and provide solution. 

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

RK Reihaneh Khaksaran May 19, 2019 11:35 AM UTC

Hi,

Can you please check out the sample I have attached? as you see, if you click on "draw chart" button, you'll see a straight line not a dotted line! unless you zoom in, but this is not the behavior I'm looking for, I want the user to see a dotted line not a straight one, can you please help me to achieve this? 

Thank you so much in advance

Attachment: ScatterSeriesExample_2e3e3213.zip

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Khaksaran, 

We would like to let you know that AutoScrollingDelta property used to show specified range of data always visible in the chart.  

In your case, you have added every data point at the interval of 0.001, so the AutoScrollingDelta = “0.2” is very larger range for your series. We can achieve your requirement by setting the value as 0.003 or below.  

Code Snippet [XAML]: 
   <chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis> 
                    <chart:NumericalAxis ShowTrackballInfo="True" x:Name="primaryAxis" Interval="0.001" AutoScrollingDelta="0.002" AutoScrollingMode="Start" Minimum="0" Maximum="0.3"> 
                        <chart:NumericalAxis.Title> 
                            <chart:ChartAxisTitle Text="t/s" TextColor="Black" FontSize="10"/> 
                        </chart:NumericalAxis.Title> 
                    </chart:NumericalAxis> 
                </chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis> 

Please refer the help document for more details regarding AutoScrollingDelta. 

Output: 

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon