We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change background color of parts of node Texts

Hello,

I'm trying to mimic the Visual Studio 2017 search feature where it highlights the matched text in the node labels. Can you provide a code snippet of how to color parts of tree node labels? See the image I attached for an example of Visual Studio doing it.

Here's an example:

I'm searching for 'foo' and the nodes are as follows.

foobar
fubar
syncfoo
fusionfoobuck
foofighters

Notice "foo" is highlighted in the nodes. I'd like to implement this using TreeViewAdv.

Thanks,
Adam

Attachment: 20190501_131214_2cba3b6c.zip

5 Replies

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team May 2, 2019 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Adam, 

Currently we are checking the feasibilities to achieve your requirement and we will update you the prompt details on or before 6th May, 2019. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Sabaridass R 

AB Adam Bruss May 2, 2019 02:13 PM UTC

Thanks for the prompt response.

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team May 3, 2019 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for the update. 

As per the current behavior, it is not feasible to highlight the nodes only for searched characters in our TreeViewAdv control. However we are working find is there any other possibilities to achieve your requirement thorough work around. As promised, we will update you the details on 6th May, 2019. 

Regards, 
Sabaridass R 

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 6, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Adam, 

Sorry for the delay. 

Still we are working find is there any other possibilities to achieve your requirement thorough work around. As promised, we will update you the details on 7th May, 2019.  

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

SR Sabaridass Ramamoorthy Syncfusion Team May 7, 2019 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Adam,  

We analyzed your reported query “Change background color of parts of node Texts”. We are sorry to inform you that currently we don’t have support for highlight the searched characters only in the nodes of TreeViewAdv Control. Also we tried our best and there is no possibility to achieve your requirement by any work around solution.  

However we have logged a feature request for this reported issue and it can be available in any of our upcoming Volume release. Here we have provided the feedback link for this request. 

If you have any more specification replication procedure or a scenario to be tested you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Regards,  
Sabaridass R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon