We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Appointment order by resource in single column

Heya,
is it possible to get the appointments ordered similar to this image taken from outlook:
1. Appointments are ordered by resource.
2. Appointments for a day are displayed in the same column, not in separate ones, without changing the width of the column.
I can get 1 by setting DayHeaderOrder to OrderByDate, but each resource gets its own column which means that the day column gets bigger with each resource.
I can get 2 by ordering the appointments before giving them to the control, but the order breaks if the appointments are of different length - longer appointments are always displayed first.

4 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 1, 2019 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Karsten, 

Thank for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query “Appointment order by resource in single column”. Currently we are validating this requirement and will update more details on 03/05/2019. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 2, 2019 08:32 AM UTC

Hi Karsten, 

Thanks for your patience. 

Query 1: 
is it possible to get the appointments ordered similar to this image taken from outlook: 

In SfSchedule control we have maintained separate calendar view for each resource and sub resources and currently we do not have support to merge two resources in single view(View in Overlay Mode) as like in outlook. 
Query 2: 

1. Appointments are ordered by resource. 
2. Appointments for a day are displayed in the same column, not in separate ones, without changing the width of the column. 
I can get 1 by setting DayHeaderOrder to OrderByDate, but each resource gets its own column which means that the day column gets bigger with each resource. 
I can get 2 by ordering the appointments before giving them to the control, but the order breaks if the appointments are of different length - longer appointments are always displayed first. 

In SfSchedule control, we have displayed the longer appointments as first view always and it’s the default behavior of the Schedule control. As we have stated in above(query 1), SfSchedule does not have support to change view to Overlay Mode. So we cannot achieve your requirement without Overlay mode. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

KA Karsten May 2, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Heya Jagadeesan,

From what I gather this means I have to live with not being able to implement the view as I want at this moment.

Regardless, thanks for investigating, and I hope that it will be possible at some time in the future.

Karsten

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 2, 2019 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Karsten, 

Thank for your update. 

As we state earlier, currently we do not have immediate plan to implement this feature. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon