We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Event display on Calendar - add more details

For each event shown on a calendar view I want to be able to show more than the Title, Times, Location.   I would like to be able to add some of the custom fields we are adding like Phone# and Vehicle.

So instead of:

Event Title
Time/Date
I'd like to see:

Event Title
Time/Date
Vehicle
etc 
till there  is no more room in the window.

Is there a way to do this easily?

7 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team April 29, 2019 08:54 AM UTC

TO Tony April 29, 2019 09:27 PM UTC

Thanks - I checked those out - the Preview window options don't seem to be working - they just get stuck on Loading...  

It seems like those posts are for the editor window.  I'm wanting to display more info in the Event card on the calendar.. IE the Blue boxes in the screen shot - I want to be able to display more text under the time in each event blue box.   ie  Customer Name, Vehicle etc

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team April 30, 2019 05:46 AM UTC

Hi  Tony, 

Thanks for your update. 

Event height is based on its time range. For example it not possible to show all the field values(say 10) for 30 minutes range event. We recommend to use tooltip feature to show ‘n’ number of event field values like below. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

TO Tony April 30, 2019 03:56 PM UTC

Agreed, but for events with a long height.. say enough to display 3 of 10 items, is there a way to get those to show up?

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team May 1, 2019 06:33 AM UTC

Hi Tony, 

Thanks for your update. 

Yes, it’s possible to show the fields in event by making use ‘eventTemplate’ property. We have prepared the below sample for your reference, kindly refer it. 

Kindly refer below links. 

Regards,  
M. Vinitha devi. 

TO Tony May 1, 2019 06:59 PM UTC

That is great!  Thanks!

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team May 2, 2019 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Tony,  

We are happy that our solution fulfilled your requirement. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon