We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multi-Line grid

Is there a way to wrap the text in a cell to create multi line text?  I know that you have a row template but you then can't select that row.  What I need is a way to set the width of the cell and whatever is put in there it will wrap.  It would be nice if it could be HTML formatted.

Thanks

I found allowTextWrap: true and that works but is there a way to align all text to the top rather than the center? I'll keep looking

3 Replies

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team April 29, 2019 04:55 AM UTC

Hi William,  

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

By default, enabling “AllowTxtWrap” property will wrap the cell contents with multi lines from the top itself. Please refer to the below screenshot and demo link for more information. 

If you are still facing the issue please provide the below details that will be helpful for us to provide a better solution as early as possible. 

1. Share the Grid code example.
  2. Share the screenshot of the Grid cell
  3. Share any image of your requirement.

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

WM William Morgenweck April 29, 2019 10:41 AM UTC

Thank you for that answer but I was asking if the other columns could be aligned at the top?   Such as in your example the first 4 columns

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team April 30, 2019 04:34 AM UTC

Hi William,  

We have prepared a sample with vertical align as top and also enabled the allowTextWrap property in Grid.   

Refer the below screen shot.  

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon