We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using Razor Syntax and Syncfustion MVC controls in Splitter's item content

Is there a way to use Razor syntax in a splitter's item content -- for instance, to render a partial view and/or another Syncfusion MVC Control such as a Grid?

I would like to do something similar to a ContentTemplate as it it implemented in the Dashboard control.

Currently using Syncfusion.EJ2.MVC5  - 17.1.0.40

Thanks

5 Replies

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 26, 2019 01:01 PM UTC

Hi John, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Currently, there is no feasibility to pass content as Razor syntax due to content template support is not available for complex properties. Already we planned this feature for 2019 Volume 1 SP1 release. We will get back to you with MVC sample and Razor syntax once the release will be rolled-out. You can track the status of this feature by using below feedback portal. 

But, we were able to initiate other EJ2 controls from client such as Grid inside Pane. Could you please use the control from client until the support will be available? 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

JO John April 26, 2019 01:41 PM UTC

Thank you for the quick response.

I saw the sample code for client side support and I may have to go that route for now.   It just seemed strange to have to utilize client side javascript to create the controls in the MVC version of the product.  

I am glad to hear the feature is already planned!  Do you have a general time frame for this release-- what month or quarter?

Thanks again,
John

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 29, 2019 09:45 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for updating your concerns. 

As stated earlier, we have planned to provide the content template support and pass the content as Razor syntax options in Vol 1 service pack release which is expected to be rolled out by mid of May 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

JO John April 30, 2019 01:12 AM UTC

Perfect! Thanks.

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 30, 2019 06:15 AM UTC

Hi John, 

We appreciate your patience until the feature is implemented to move the source live. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon