We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Datagrid poor performance when scrolling

I have a datagrid with about 20columns, and 100 rows. When binding data, the speed is good. But when i scroll, screen so laggy. Is the any tip for incr performance?
I've attach video file that record from my phone (Sony Xperia Z5). On my iPhone 6s performance is just a little better, but on iPhone 6 still unacceptable.
My sample code when using DataGrid as below:

Thanks.

PS: I've tried build with Release configuration, but still no chance.

Attachment: ScreenRecord_20190424173032_a3a488b8.7z

2 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 25, 2019 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Thanh, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query “DataGrid lags on horizontal scrolling in Xamarin.Foms Android and iOS” and we can able to replicate the issue in Xamarin.Forms Android. currently we are validating the issue will update you further details about the issue in two business days (April 29, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regarding scrolling issue in Xamarin.Forms iOS. We cannot able to replicate the issue on our end. we have tested in Iphonesimulator. Can you please provide the following information to replicate the issue from our side? 

·       Xamarin Forms version and SfDataGrid version. 
·       Issue reproducing video (iOS). 

We have also attached the tested sample in the following link, 

Please check the sample and let us know if you still face the same issue? If not, kindly modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with replication procedure. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SK Shivagurunathan Kamalakannan Syncfusion Team April 29, 2019 06:04 PM UTC

Hi Thanh, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We had analyzed the issue “DataGrid lags on horizontal scrolling in Xamarin.Foms Android”. While reusing the columns the binding context will differ for each column and so it takes time to update the values for each cell which causes lag while scrolling horizontally. However, this lag can be partially optimized by the following factors. 
·        Set LoadUiView as true to the columns. 
·        Also, by setting LineBreakMode other than WordWrap the lag is optimized. 

Regards, 
Shivagurunathan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon