We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MoveToDate not working when sfschedule inside ScrollView

Hello, 
I am having a problem with MoveToDate property on SfSchedule. 

this element
<syncfusion:SfSchedule VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand"  MoveToDate="{Binding MoveToDate}"/>

causes app to crash with
Exception thrown: 'System.NullReferenceException' in Syncfusion.SfSchedule.XForms.UWP.dll
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

if I remove the element everything works ok. I use the latest 17.1.0.42 version 

8 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 25, 2019 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Jaroslav, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the provided information, we have checked the mentioned issue with Schedule MoveToDate in Xamarin.Forms and it is working as expected from our end. We have checked with the provided code and we unable to replicate it from our end.

Please find the sample for your reference, 

Sample link: Schedule_MoveToDate 

Kindly check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us with the more details. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

JB Jaroslav Borovský April 26, 2019 09:01 AM UTC

Thank you for your response, you are right, I tried it again in a clean solution and it worked and the reason it doesn't work in my case is that I have sfSchedule inside a scrollview

if I remove the scrollView and it is only in stacklayout, then it works as expected.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 26, 2019 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Jaroslav, 

Thank you for the update. We are happy to know that the mentioned issue resolved at your end with the provided solution. 

Even though, Schedule should work when adding inside the ScrollView as well, if you face issue can you please share the sample / scenario to check from our side. We will check on it and provide you the solution. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

JB Jaroslav Borovský April 26, 2019 10:03 AM UTC

Here is simple example. 
Run UWP project, it will work.

When you go to calendartest => MainPage.xaml and uncomment ScrollView elements, it breaks down for me.

Attachment: calendartest_b9c22705.rar

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team April 29, 2019 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Jaroslav, 

Thank you for the update. 

Currently, we are validating the reported issue “NullReferenceException throws while placing schedule inside ScrollView and setting the MoveToDate” based on the shared sample, we will update you further details for the same in two business days on 1st May 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Arun Siva R 

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 1, 2019 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Jaroslav, 

Currently, we are validating the reported issue “NullReferenceException throws while placing schedule inside ScrollView and setting the MoveToDate” on both the sample and source level and it needs some time, so we will update you further details in two business days on 3rd May 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 3, 2019 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Jaroslav, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have analyzed and fixed the reported issue “NullReferenceException occurs while using Move To date for schedule when placing inside the Scroll view”. We will include this issue fix in our upcoming weekly NuGet update which is expected to be available by next week (May 7, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 7, 2019 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Jaroslav,

We have fixed the reported issue “NullReferenceException occurs while using Move To date for schedule when placing inside the Scroll view” and included the issue fix in our weekly NuGet update version 17.1.0.44 and is available for download (nuget.org). This issue fix will be included in our 2019 Volume 1 Service pack release as well, which is expected to be available by mid of May 2019. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon