We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfRichTextBoxAdv - displays a word old document(doc with table) with errors

I use SfRichTextBoxAdv in my wpf app. I show the world document in it. The world document old format(*.doc )  with the table is displayed incorrectly.
The old document with the table is displayed incorrectly. If I convert the original document (old format) to a new format(docx)  through the Word, then the new document is displayed correctly. but if i do it programmatically(with DocIo)  then the new document(docx) is displayed incorrectly. The same problem with the table.

Please help, this is a very serious problem for my project. I am ready to provide all the materials you need.

7 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team April 23, 2019 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We were unable to replicate the issue. Could you please share us the document, screenshot of the issue and the Product version to replicate the issue? 

Note: If you have any confidential data in your Word document, please replace with some dummy data and provide us the same. We just need your document to recreate the problem you face.    

Regards, 
Ramya T 

RO Robert April 27, 2019 09:02 AM UTC

Hi, this is my document(in the archive):

test.doc - my document
table_bug - screen with my problem

Attachment: example_6e4c9efc.zip

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team April 29, 2019 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Robert,  

Thanks for sharing the document to reproduce the table rendering issue. 

We can reproduce the reported issue. We are validating the issue and we will get back to you on May 2nd, 2019. 

Regards,  
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 2, 2019 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Robert,   
Reported issue: Table does not render properly 
We have logged the defect for this. We will fix the issue and provide the patch on May 23rd, 2019. 
Now, you can track the status of the reported issue through the feedback link. 
Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 23, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Robert, 

The Table does not render properly issue has been fixed and the patch for this fix can be downloaded from the following location. 

Assembly Version: 16.4.0.42 

Installation Directions :
This patch should replace the files”Syncfusion.SfRichTextBoxAdv.WPF” under the following folder.

Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42
\precompiledassemblies\16.4.0.42\4.0

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.

Disclaimer :
Please note that we have created this patch for version 16.4.0.42 specifically to resolve the following issue(s) reported in this/the incident(s). 236952

If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.

This fix will be included in Volume 2 release  which will be available in mid of June 2019. 

Regards,     
Ramya T    

RO Robert May 31, 2019 02:55 PM UTC

Hi, thank you for your fix, but I now have issue.
I use packages 17.1.0.41 in my projects. I try downgrade to 16.4.0.42 and your Syncfusion.SfRichTextBoxAdv.WPF but I have many exception.

Can you create fix(Syncfusion.SfRichTextBoxAdv.WPF) fox 17.1.0.41 or higher ?  Is it possiblle?

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team June 4, 2019 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Robert,  

We don’t have support to provide patch in NuGet package release version (17.1.0.41v). But we can provide patch in our latest SP1 (17.1.0.47 ).  

Please find the patch for “Table rendering” issue in 17.1.0.47v. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon