We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Spinner Broken in 17.1.38 & 17.1.40

I'm using the grid component and noticed the spinner was not showing even when calling showSpinner on the grid.

To verify I created a separate spinner with 
setSpinner({type:'Fabric'});
createSpinner({target:document.getElementById('_test123'),width:'48px',label:"TEst Spinner"});

And then called
showSpinner(document.getElementById('_test123'));

The spinner shows the label but nothing else.
The resulting DOM output is this:
<div class="e-spinner-pane"><div class="e-spinner-inner"><div class="e-spin-label">TEst Spinner</div></div></div>

Is there any way to get the spinners to work again without rolling back to a much earlier version of the components?  

I can confirm this was working with v16.3.34

1 Reply

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team April 22, 2019 08:50 AM UTC

Hello Brian, 

Thank you for contacting us. 

We have checked your reported issue with shared code on version 17.1.38 and 17.1.40. Unfortunately, we were unable to replicate your reported issue in our end. The showSpinner public method is working properly on Spinner component. We have ensured this with the following test sample on Grid with Spinner component. Please find the sample for your reference. 

For further reference 

Please check the above test scenario in your end. If you still face any issues, please share us the below information. 
  • Where do you use the setSpinner, showSpinner and createSpinner methods in Grid component?
  • Do you use the Grid component with local data or remote data?
  • Whether are you using the showSpinner method after creating the spinner target element?
  • Please share your full code with your clear information on the issue or else, please reproduce your issue on the above shared sample.

This will help us check and provide a prompt solution. 

Regards,       
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon