We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

User Handles in TypeScript

I am looking at using the MindMap diagram in a TypeScript environment. I have created user handles when the node is selected, but I cannot get actions associated with these. I've seen two threads on this subject both of which say incidents have been created, but I cannot find the incidents to get the fix.
Do you have any examples of how to do this in TypeScript?

5 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Martin,  

We have created a typescript sample in which we have rendered a user handles in diagram. When you click on a node, the settings user handles appear at bottomRight position and when you click on it, we have shown the alert in mouse up.  

Please find the documentation for user handles as below. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

MP Martin Pamplin April 16, 2019 07:51 AM UTC

I have looked at the sample you sent and have a few more questions / observations.
  • This is JavaScript not TypeScript. I have seen this code elsewhere.
  • It doesn't work, at least not for me. When I select a node the user handles appear and when I click on it the alert message appears. But then wherever I click the alert message appears, I cannot deselect the node I just get the alert message.
  • When I try to insert this code into my TypeScript code it tells me that ej.datavisualization.Diagram.ToolBase does not exist.
Do you have a solution written in TypeScript rather that JavaScript posted into a TypeScript file?

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Martin,  
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Query  
Response  
This is JavaScript not TypeScript. I have seen this code elsewhere. 

We have modified the userhandles code to a typescript. Here is a code example. 

class Settings extends ej.datavisualization.Diagram.ToolBase {  
    diagram: any;     
    singleAction: boolean;  
    name: string;  
    cursor: string;  
    constructor(name:string) {  
        super();  
        this.name = name;  
        this.singleAction = true;  
        this.cursor = "pointer";  

mouseup(evt) {  
        alert("settings tool");  
        super.mouseup(evt);  

It doesn't work, at least not for me. When I select a node the user handles appear and when I click on it the alert message appears. But then wherever I click the alert message appears, I cannot deselect the node I just get the alert message. 
We have resolved an issue in below application.  
When I try to insert this code into my TypeScript code it tells me that ej.datavisualization.Diagram.ToolBase does not exist. 
·        In our diagram, we use resizeTool, moveTool internally which is derived from ToolBase class. We have not defined this class in ej.web.all.d.ts file. 
·        Similarly, if you need to render userhandles tool, you need to define ToolBase class separately in a file at application level. 
·        In the below sample, we have defined ToolBase class in toolbase.ts file. 

Regards,  
Ramya T 

MP Martin Pamplin April 16, 2019 02:39 PM UTC

Thank you, that explains it and works perfectly.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team April 17, 2019 06:02 AM UTC

Hi Martin,   

Thanks for your update. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon