We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Android 9.0 error

Hi all,
if i set target api 9.0 i get this error during compilation (see file).
can you help me?
thanks

Attachment: err_294970be.rar

15 Replies

IM Iyyappan Mani Syncfusion Team April 8, 2019 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Alberto, 

Thanks for using the Syncfusion product, 

Could you please provide more information about the controls used in your application level. It would be helpful if you can share the screenshot of your references section like below. 

Regards, 
Iyyappan M. 

LU Luca April 8, 2019 12:08 PM UTC

hi,
i'm using these ones:

thanks

IM Iyyappan Mani Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Alberto, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

We have tried to replicate the reported issue at our end by created a sample with the provided information that you mention on your last update and also we have tried to replicate the reported issue in our demo sample browser in android platform, we are afraid that, we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end. 

We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end, so can you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This will be helpful for us to investigate further and provide you a better solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Iyyappan. 

LU Luca April 12, 2019 04:15 PM UTC

i don't understand...
i put this

and i have this error 
Attribute "cornerRadius" already defined with incompatible format

that comes from SfProgressBar, file name attrs.xml
path \obj\Debug\90\lp\18\jl\res\values\attrs.xml

can you check please?
thanks

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 15, 2019 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Alberto, 
We are able to reproduce the issue “Attribute "cornerRadius" already defined with incompatible format” in our side and we suspect this to be a defect. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis and we will update further details on 17th April 2019.   
Regards,  
Sathish  

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team April 17, 2019 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Alberto, 

On further analyzing, we found that the reported issue is caused due to introduction of new property “CornerRadius” in MaterialButton from Xamarin Android Native library. This is not an issue from our side as we have the property with same name from our initial releases. But, this issue need to be resolved at your end either by renaming the property or any other workarounds. We will also check for other possibilities for resolving this issue and update you the details by 22 March 2019. 

Regards, 
Dilli babu. 

LU Luca April 18, 2019 12:13 PM UTC

ciao,
thanks for your feedback.
my 2 cents, if andorid sdk contains this value, you should change your side, do you agree?
why i am the only one that has this issue?
let me know how to fix, thanks a lot!

GR Gayathri Ramalingam Syncfusion Team April 19, 2019 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Alberto,   

This behavior needs to be fixed from our side. We are check for other possibilities for resolving this behavior and update you the details by 22 April 2019 or earlier.  

With Regards, 
Gayathri R 

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 22, 2019 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Alberto, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We will consider this issue “Attribute "cornerRadius" already defined with incompatible format” as an usability feature. We will deliver the patch for this fix on 3rd May 2019. 

Regards, 
Sathish 

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 3, 2019 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Alberto, 

The issue with Attribute "cornerRadius" already defined with incompatible formatis an usability feature which has been fixed and the patch for this fix can be downloaded from the following location.

Recommended approach - exe will perform automatic configuration Please find the patch setup from below location:

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.1.0.38/916885/F144014/SyncfusionPatch_17.1.0.38_916885_5032019013852108_F144014.exe

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment Please find the patch assemblies alone from below Location:

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.1.0.38/916885/F144014/SyncfusionPatch_17.1.0.38_916885_5032019013852108_F144014.zip

Nuget:  

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.1.0.38/916885/F144014/SyncfusionNuget_17.1.0.38_916885_5032019013852108_F144014.zip

The corner radius property type has been changed from int to dimension. We should use px, in, sp, pt or mm as suffix for dimension. The sample code snippets should be used as mentioned below,

android:minWidth="25px"
        android:minHeight="25px"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:id="@+id/sfLinearProgressBar2"
        custom:cornerRadius="5px"/>

Assembly Version: 4.5.1

Installation Directions :  This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.SfProgressBar.Android” under the following folder. $system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\17.1.0.38 Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\precompiledassemblies\17.1.0.38\

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.

Note :  You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences. https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/patches

Disclaimer :  Please note that we have created this patch for version 4.5.1 specifically to resolve the following issue(s) reported in this/the forum 144014. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. This fix will be included in our 2019 Vol 2 release which will be available in June 2019.

Regards,  

Sathish

DR Djamila Ritchie May 28, 2019 03:57 PM UTC

Hello,
I would like to download the patch for this issue but when I click on the link a message pops up: "You are not authorized to download this patch."

I am using Syncfusion 17.1.0.38.
I cannot set the target api to Android 9.0 because the Attribute "cornerRadius" is already defined with incompatible format.

Could you help on this issue, please?

Thank you very much
Djamila

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Djamila,  
We maintain separate branches for each customer while sending patches. The patch which we provided in this forum is exclusively created for that customer in his specific branch. So you cannot download and use it in your application. 
We have created a patch for this issue under your account and the same can be downloaded from the below link. 
Recommended approach - exe will perform automatic configuration  
Please find the patch setup from below location: 

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment  
Please find the patch assemblies alone from below Location: 

NuGet Packages:   

The corner radius property type has been changed from int to dimension. We should use px, in, sp, pt or mm as suffix for dimension. The sample code snippets should be used as mentioned below, 
 <syncfusion.android.progressbar.sflinearprogressbar< span="">
        android:minWidth="25px"
        android:minHeight="25px"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:id="@+id/sfLinearProgressBar2"
        custom:cornerRadius="5px"/></syncfusion.android.progressbar.sflinearprogressbar<> 

Assembly Version: 4.5.1 

Installation Directions :  This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.SfProgressBar.Android” under the following folder. $system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\17.1.0.38 Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\precompiledassemblies\17.1.0.38\ 

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies. 

Note :  You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences.https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/patches 

Disclaimer :  Please note that we have created this patch for version 4.5.1 specifically to resolve the following issue(s) reported in this/the forum 144014. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. This fix will be included in our 2019 Vol 2 release which will be available in June 2019. 

Regards,  
Sathish  

JM julie mack June 21, 2019 11:41 AM UTC

I am really facing the same issue with my brand new android cell, I bought it last month ago from Reecoupons and now stuck in this issue, please let me know what can  I do. 

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team June 24, 2019 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Julie, 

The fix for the issue  Attribute "cornerRadius" already defined with incompatible format in Android 9.0 has been fixed and it will be included in our 2019 Vol 2 release. Our Essential Studio 2019 Vol 2 beta release will be available on 24th June 2019. 

Regards,
Sathish

RG Rachel Gomez November 10, 2022 05:21 AM UTC

Steps to fix-

Step 1: Restart & update

Restart your phone

Check for Android updates

Update the app

Step 2: Check for a larger app issue

Force stop the app

Clear the app's cache & data

Sync device with Google servers