We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Update a Row manually / programatically

Hello
I would like to know how to manage grid rows programatically:

1 I have a grid (not editable by user), linked to a datamanager, with remote data. (with primary key)
2 I have a complex form that came for several sources of data
3 When I select a row in grid, some fields are loaded in the form
4 After User make changes in form and click a button some saving operations are done

>>> Now I want to pass new values ( or complete rowdata object ) to the grid. So the user can see new values.

How Can I achieve this?

Thanks

3 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 15, 2019 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Query#:-  Now I want to pass new values ( or complete rowdata object ) to the grid. So the user can see new values. 

From your query, we understand that you need to update the record on button click. We suggest you to achieve your requirement using updateRecord() or endEdit() method of the Grid on external button click. By using these method, updated values has been passed to server side and values get updated to server. 

Refer our API documentation for your reference 

If above solution does not resolve your query, please get back to us with more details.  

We also would like to let you know about our next generation JavaScript product - Essential JS 2, in case if you are not aware of it. Essential JS 2 is fully re-written to be modular, responsive and lightweight.  

We suggest you consider our following product page for more details.  

Demo page for ej2 Grid  

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

IB Ivan Barrero April 16, 2019 05:47 PM UTC

Thank you so much. ;)

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 17, 2019 03:56 AM UTC

Hi Ivan, 

Thanks for the update.  

We are glad to hear that query has been resolved by our solution.  

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon