We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Column template is not rendering correctly for production build

Column template is not rendering correctly while building the app for production:  ng build --prod

See screenshots in attachment.

Attachment: print_51ef245d.zip

8 Replies

VI Viktor April 11, 2019 11:20 AM UTC

the same issue ! (:

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 11, 2019 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Abhishek,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query: Column template is not rendering correctly while building the app for production:  ng build –prod 

We have checked your query viewed your attached screenshot. We have tried to reproduce the issue, but it is unsuccessful. We have prepared a sample like your grid code where column template is rendered correctly when build the application in production mode. Please refer the below sample link. 

[package.json] 
  "name": "syncfusion-ej2-grid", 
  "scripts": { 
    "build": "ng build --prod", 
      .  .  .  .  . 
 }, 

Run the sample by using the below commands: 
  • npm i -g http-server
  • npm build
  • http-server ./dist

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

VI Viktor April 13, 2019 08:48 PM UTC

hello syncfusion support,
i was able to reproduce (based on your sample) the issue (see screenshot below)!
please refer the below sample link.
regards
viktor

Attachment: Syncfusioncolumntemplate_d264ea9a.zip

VI Viktor April 16, 2019 07:58 AM UTC

hello syncfusion support,
have you had a chance to look into this?
to be honest i would classify this issue as a "showstopper" because it makes inpossible to upgrade to a new 17x version.
thanks
regards
viktor

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Viktor,  

Thanks for your update. 

Query: i was able to reproduce (based on your sample) the issue (see screenshot below)!

We have checked your query and viewed your attached screenshot. We are able to reproduce the issue. We have logged “Cannot read property 'viewContainerRef' of undefined” as a bug. It will be included in our upcoming 24th April, 2019 patch release. Until then we appreciate your patience. Please refer the below code snippet and workaround sample to achieve your requirement. 

[.angular.json] 
"configurations": { 
            "production": { 
              .   .   .   . 
              "optimization": false, 
             "outputHashing": "all", 
                .   .   .   . 
                          } 
}, 

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through the below link:  

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

EB Ebenezer April 17, 2019 01:30 PM UTC

Hi All, 
     I'm facing the exact same issue on my side and i already raised a ticket regarding the same issue but still support team saying that they couldn't reproduce it. If any updates regarding this issue kindly let us know about it. Its a major show-stopper for us.

My thread ID : 144029

Regards, 
Justin Ebenezer

GS Gurupriyadharshini Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 18, 2019 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Ebenezer, 

Thanks for your update. 

Query :  I'm facing the exact same issue on my side and i already raised a ticket regarding the same issue but still support team saying that they couldn't reproduce it. If any updates regarding this issue kindly let us know about it. Its a major show-stopper for us. 

We have checked your query and able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have currently validating your query. we will update the further details on April 22, 2019.   

Regards, 
Gurupriyadharshini S. 

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 26, 2019 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Ebenezer, 

Thanks for your patience. 

Query 1:  I was able to reproduce (based on your sample) the issue (see screenshot below)!

We are glad to announce that our Essential JavaScript 2 patch release (17.1.42) has been rolled out successfully and in that release, we have added the fix for the issue Cannot read property 'viewContainerRef' of undefined. 

Query 2: I'm facing the exact same issue on my side and i already raised a ticket regarding the same issue but still support team saying that they couldn't reproduce it. 

Both are different controls for thread ID 143932 it is related to ej 2 Grid and thread ID 144029 is related to ej 2 TreeGrid. So, please follow that thread ID 144029 for your query. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon