We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sfnumericupdown and comma as a decimal digits delimiter

hello, 

i can't say for sure when it changes but sfnumericupdown stops accepting comma as a decimal separator, at lease in ru-RU culture , it just strips comma out and send for instance 55 instead of 5,5 to binded control
i am sure it works earlier , but last days i updated 
visual studio to 2019
xamarin.forms to 3.6.0.293080
your controls to 17.1.0.38

xaml code 

with ru-RU culture (on android samsung s7 , android 8.0 ) it shows point on a keyboard, accept input as point , but in binded property i receive data with point stripped out
i tried to set manually culture for control like 
tbWeight.Culture = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture;
with ru-RU, it still show point on a keyboard, but didn't accept it entered

how can i fix this ?

Sincerely
Ilya

update: downgrade to 16.4.0.54 solved this.

12 Replies

IM Iyyappan Mani Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

We are validating the reported issues with  the latest version and we will provide you the detailed information on 10th April 2019. 

Regards, 
Iyyappan M. 

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team April 10, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

Query 1: At lease in ru-RU culture, it just strips comma out and send for instance 55 instead of 5,5 to binded control. 

We have tried to replicate the reported issue at our end by created a sample with the provided information that you mention on your last update, we are afraid that, we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end. 

Query 2: Comma key is not visible on the Samsung keyboard. 

We have tried to reproduce the reported issue in the frame work “Entry” control also and that reported issue arises. Already there is an issue in the frame work that the decimal separator key (comma) is not shown in the keyboard in SAMSUNG devices. Could you please check the below link? 

Frame work bugs:  

Query 3: In ru-RU, it still shows point on a keyboard, but didn't accept it entered 

The Russian is comma culture and it doesn’t accept the dot as the separator and it is behavior and it’s not an issue. 

We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end, so can you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This will be helpful for us to investigate further and provide you a better solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

IL Ilya April 12, 2019 02:43 PM UTC

hello,

i downloaded your sample but it is not about sfnumericupdown control, it is about sfnumerictextboxt, which is not working on samsung devices with comma as a decimal separator . i found this information somewhere on your forum that is why switched to sfnumericupdown control

i will try to explain.
yes, there is a bug on samsung devices where numeric keypad contains point delimiter on numeric keyboard even if current culture use comma as delimiter

you sfnumericupdown control up to version 16.4.0.54 accept point as delimiter and (i think) correctly changed it to comma (if need be) before output.
so, your control (up to version 16.4.0.54 ) may be used as a workaround for samsung bug ;)

versions higher then 16.4.0.54 accept dot as delimiter but strips it out when outputing value .. e.g. if you enter 1.2 , you will get the value "12"

so, the real question is, is it possible to restore this behaviour (change point from input to comma in output as it was up to 16.4.0.54) or i need to stick with this version and look for another solution ?

Sincerely
ilya

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

While Setting the CultureInfo as ru-RU, keyboard will have point, but the control will not accept it. This is our expected behavior.  

However, will consider the improvement in the control to allow dot as value and after un-focusing the both the UI and value updated with comma. We have logged an improvement task and you can track that by using the below link. 

We will include this fix in the upcoming Volume 1, SP 1 release which is scheduled to rolled out on mid of May 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Bharathi.  

AN Andy July 3, 2019 07:46 AM UTC

Hi Syncfusion-Team,

I also have the issue you wrote "Comma key is not visible on the Samsung keyboard." and have found a workaround for xamarin <entry>  with a custom dependency (https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/1898#issuecomment-432539426)

Do you have also a fix or a workaround for your SfNumericTextBox? Its very important for our client to put in commas.

Thank you!

Maria

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team July 5, 2019 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Maria, 

We have checked the issue “Comma key is not visible on the Samsung keyboard” using the provided reference link but we are afraid that we are not able to get the comma key in the Samsung S6 device even with Entry control itself. Also, the provided solution does not seem to be generic.    

So, we would suggest you use the improvement that allow dot as comma separator for the culture which is based on Azerty keyboard. But the value will be updated with comma after the control is unfocussed. This improvement has been moved in our Volume 1 2019 SP1 release v 17.1.0.47 (feedback link). We hope this improvement may fulfil your requirement. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Rachel.   

NG Nino Groß July 16, 2019 12:35 PM UTC

I had the same experience as Ilya with SfNumericUpdown:
On 17.2.x the comma is stripped out (e.g. if you enter 1.2 , you will get the value "12"). 
When I downgrade to 16.4.0.54 it works well. 

Furthermore "return key" does not trigger the "valuechanged event". I have to unfocus the control
to update the value. On 16.4.0.54 this also works well.

I use CultureInfo "de-DE" but it also dont work on "en-US".

Best regards,
Nino

LA Lavanya Anaimuthu Syncfusion Team July 21, 2019 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Nino, 

We are checking the reported issue, we will update you the status in three business day on Jul 25th, 2019. Appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lavanya A. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team July 26, 2019 12:45 PM UTC

Thanks for your patience. 

We can reproduce both the issues (Comma stripped out and ValueChanged event not triggered). We have confirmed both as an issue and logged bug report. We will provide the patch on 12th August 2019. You can track the bug status from the below link. 

If you have any more specification/precise replication procedure or a scenario to be tested, you can add it as a comment in the portal link above. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards, 
Rachel. 

MS Manojkiran Sudhakar Syncfusion Team August 12, 2019 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Nino,

We couldn’t able to provide patch today. We have fixed the issue and currently it is in testing phase. We will provide patch on or before 14th August, 2019. We request your patience until then.

Regards,

Manoj S

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team August 14, 2019 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Nino, 

Thanks for your patience. We have fixed the reported issue and we have created a patch for this fix. We have not moved this fix in 17.2.0.41 version. 

Please find the patch details below: 

Note: We have provided patch in the version 17.2.0.34 as we couldn’t create patch for weekly NuGet version.  

Please find the patch setup from the below location.     

(OR)  

Please find the patch assemblies from the below location.     

(OR)  

Please find the NuGet from the below location.  

Assembly Version: 17.2.0.34  

Disclaimer:    
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.2.0.34 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this incident. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.

Please check the reported issue with above provided NuGet and confirm us whether you can resolve this issue. We will include this fix in any of our upcoming weekly NuGet release.  

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team September 24, 2019 07:07 AM UTC

Hi Nino, 

We have not moved the above fix in the latest version yet. But now we have fixed some other important issues along with above reported issue. Also, generated the custom NuGet in the latest version 17.3.0.9. 

Please check after clearing the NuGet cache as mentioned in this link before referring the above NuGet and confirm us whether you are able to resolve the issue if possible. 

Note: The fix will be moved in the Volume 3 main release which is scheduled to be available on first week of October. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon