We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

merge cells

hey,
i want to merge two cell and keep the content of one of them :
first exemple :
with t.ApplyHorizontalMerge(1,1,2)   it's work and i have this:

why whene i do t.applyhorizentalMerge(1,2,1)  to keep the value of second cells is not working

that what i want to have:

how can i solve this problem of generation

thanks

12 Replies

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 12:56 PM UTC

Hi AtliDev, 

Regarding problem in merging cells:
When merging two table cells using the given code snippet (t.applyhorizentalMerge(1,2,1)) it throws exception. Because the given start index of cell is greater than end index which is not valid behavior, thus it throws exception.

Regarding merge last two table cells:
To meet your requirement, we suggest to merge 2nd and 3rd cell of 2nd table row using the below code snippet. 
t.ApplyHorizontalMerge(1,1,2)  

As per Microsoft Word behavior while merging the table cells, it is behavior to maintain contents of both start and end cells in the merged cell. When merging cells using DocIO, it removes the contents of other cells and preserves only the start cell contents. We have validated this and confirmed it as a defect and logged a defect report. The fix for this will be included in our upcoming 2019 Volume 1 SP1 release. Which will be made available by the end of April 2019 tentatively. 

Once this bug gets fixed, contents will be preserved properly like Microsoft Word behavior (contents of two cells in merged cell). 

Regards, 
Abirami 

AT AtliDev April 10, 2019 07:42 AM UTC

Bonjour,
you can create a feedback to know the follow-up of my problem.
Merci

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team April 11, 2019 10:15 AM UTC

Hi AtliDev, 

We have created below feedback link  for “Horizontal cell merge in table is not working properly” as requested. However, we will provide patch for this issue by 22nd April 2019. 

Kindly login with your Syncfusion account credentials to view the feedback link. 

Regards, 
Abirami 

AT AtliDev July 11, 2019 12:20 PM UTC

hi,
i just test the last release, but the problem is not fix

#F143774 - Table cell contents are now preserved properly while applying horizontal merge to the table.

the exemple:
when i merge then second and third cell in first row with t.ApplyHorizontalMerge(0,1,2)  i have

what  i want is when then third cell at the first row is empty to have this result
and not

and the same when the second cell is empty
thanks

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 12, 2019 08:42 AM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for your update.

We can reproduce the reported empty paragraph is preserved while performing horizontal cell merge issue from our side. We will validate on this issue and update you the further details on 16th July, 2019

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 16, 2019 01:28 PM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for your patience.

We have confirmed that the reported “Empty paragraph is preserved while performing horizontal cell merge” is a defect and we have logged a defect report. We will include the fix in Weekly NuGet package release on 6th August, 2019

The status of this bug can be tracked through the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/7524/empty-paragraph-is-preserved-while-preforming-horizontal-cell-merge-in-word-document

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 01:23 PM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

We regret for not including the fix of empty paragraph is preserved while performing horizontal cell merge in our latest Weekly NuGet release(v17.2.0.40). We have faced few stability related issues in our complete automation testing. So, we have working this with high priority and we will include this fix in our upcoming Weekly NuGet package release which is expected to be rolled out on 13th August, 2019.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 14, 2019 12:11 PM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

We regret for the inconvenience

We have not included the fix of empty paragraph is preserved while performing horizontal cell merge in our latest Weekly NuGet release(v17.2.0.41). We have planned to include this fix in our upcoming 2019 Volume 2 Service Pack 1 release which is expected to be available at the end of this month (August).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

AT AtliDev November 14, 2019 10:20 AM UTC

hi,

the problem is solved.
Thanks for help.

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 14, 2019 10:38 AM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to hear that the issue was fixed at your end.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We are happy to assist you as always.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

AT AtliDev January 15, 2020 04:23 PM UTC

hey, 
can i have the same solution for the vertical merge? cause i have also a empty paragraph when i merge two cell vertically ( the second empty )
thanks

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team January 21, 2020 02:03 PM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for your patience.

We have confirmed that the reported “Vertical table merge not preserved properly in Word document” is a defect and we have logged a defect report. We will include the fix for this issue in 2020 Volume 1 Main release which will be available on end of March.

The status of this bug can be tracked through the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/11414/vertical-table-merge-not-preserved-properly-in-word-document

Please let us know if you have any other questions

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon