We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Segment Editor not saving to Database

Hi,

I am using the SfDataForm with a sqlite database, all of the editors (entry, number, checkbox) I have used so far are working great and saving & persisting to the database with the exception of the Segment editor.  I have tried an enum type (the default), storing the enum value as an int in the database, does not work.  I have also tried using the ItemsSource property of DataFormSegmentItem and saving a string type to the database, does not work.  I have attached my Xamarin forms project for your reference, I currently only have an android project as I do not need iOS or Windows for my testing purposes.

I would appreciate any guidance you may have on my issue.

Attachment: DBDraftSF_f03de002.zip

8 Replies

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 29, 2019 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed the reported behavior “The Segment Editor doesn’t save into the database” and it works fine from our end from the shared sample, we have tested the sample and it works fine the values have properly set the data property and it updates the DataSource and it works fine on runtime while changing the value too. 

Tested Version: 16.4.0.54 

If the issue remains same, kindly share us more details like the version you have been using and device details and replication procedure, which help us to analyze and resolve the reported issue. 

Regards, 
Deivaselvan 

MI MikeD April 1, 2019 02:38 PM UTC

I am using version 16.4.0.54 as well, on both a physical samsung galaxy s6 active phone running Android version 7.0 and a Samsung tab S2 using Xamarin version 3.6.0.264807.  The issue I am still having is that the data does not persist, in my example if I click on a name on the main page then click "SaveTo" Phone and go back to main page and then back on the same name it will revert back to Sim.  "SaveTo" uses an ENUM type Segment editor,  the same issue happens with "SaveToAlt" which uses a list based Segment editor saving to a string.  It also is not reading from the database properly if I pre-set the field to be Phone it will always populate in the dataform as Sim.

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 2, 2019 01:31 PM UTC

Hi MikeD, 

Thank you for the update. 

Currently, we are analyzing the reported behavior “SegmentEditor doesn’t retrieve the saved values from Database in DataForm” in source and sample level, we will update you for this in two business days on 4th April 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team April 3, 2019 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have analyzed the reported issue “SegmentEditor doesn’t retrieve the saved values from Database in DataForm” and we have found and fixed the reported issue, the patch for the issue fix is following by 

Set Up: 

Custom Assemblies: 

Nuget: 

Kindly find the below link to clear Nuget cache,
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/6987/how-to-clear-nuget-cache    

Installation Direction:       
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.Android.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.iOS.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.UWP.dll            

Disclaimer:     
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.1.0.38 specifically to include the issue reported in the Forum 143614, we will include this fix in our upcoming Weekly Nuget release, which is expected to roll out on 9th March 2019. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.    

Regards,    
Arun Siva R  

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team April 3, 2019 07:05 PM UTC

Hi Mike, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Kindly ignore the previous update and the correct response is following by 

We have analyzed the reported issue “SegmentEditor doesn’t retrieve the saved values from Database in DataForm” and we have found and fixed the reported issue, the patch for the issue fix is following by 

Set Up: 

Custom Assemblies: 

Nuget: 

Kindly find the below link to clear Nuget cache,
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/6987/how-to-clear-nuget-cache    

Installation Direction:       
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.Android.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.iOS.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\17.1.0.38\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.UWP.dll            

Disclaimer:     
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.1.0.38 specifically to include the issue reported in the Forum 143614, we will include this fix in our upcoming Weekly Nuget release, which is expected to roll out on 9th March 2019. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.    

Regards,    
Arun Siva R  

MI MikeD April 3, 2019 07:05 PM UTC

I am getting an error that I am not authorized to download any of the patches.

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team April 4, 2019 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

You could try the patch which we provided in our previous update and let us know if still you are facing any issue with that.

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 11, 2019 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Mike, 

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 17.1.0.40 has been rolled out with the mentioned issue fix and is available for download (nuget.org).  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.  

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon