We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TIFF to PDF in .Net Core

Is there a way to convert TIFF multiple page into PDF?

Thanks.

6 Replies

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team March 25, 2019 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Enrico, 

We regret to let you know that the support for “TIFF to PDF pages in ASP.NET Core” is not yet implemented and we have already logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features.  We will let you know when this feature is implemented. 

The status of this feature can be tracked using following feedback report 

Regards, 
Dilli babu. 

SK Surya Kumar Syncfusion Team July 1, 2019 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Enrico,  

We are glad to announce that the TIFF to PDF conversion in .Net core platform  is implemented and it is included in our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 2 Beta release v17.2.0.28.

Please download our latest Essential Studio 2019 Volume 2 Beta release v17.2.0.28 from the below link.
https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/145548/essential-studio-2019-volume-2-beta-release-v17-2-0-28-is-available-for-download

Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.  

Regards,  
Surya Kumar  

TV Teng Vang January 13, 2020 03:43 PM UTC

Where is the documentation on this? Whenever I try to convert from TIFF to PDF, I get an exception saying only JPEG and PDF are support for the PdfBitMap object.

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team January 14, 2020 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Teng,  

Please find the documentation link for converting TIFF to PDF in ASP.NET Core platform from below, 

Note: Kindly use Syncfusion.Pdf.Imaging.Portable NuGet package in your ASP.NET Core application.  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.  

Regards, 
Sowmiya Loganathan 

KP Komal Pandya April 13, 2020 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Sowmiya,

I have installed [Syncfusion.Pdf.Imaging.Net.Core][17.4.0.53] nuGet package and I am trying to convert tiff to pdf, but for below lines of code it is giving me compile time error.
  int frameCount = tiffImage.FrameCount;

tiffImage.ActiveFrame = i;

Error : 
[1] 'PdfBitmap' does not contain a definition for 'FrameCount' and no accessible extension method 'FrameCount' accepting a first argument of type 'PdfBitmap' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

[2] 'PdfBitmap' does not contain a definition for 'ActiveFrame' and no accessible extension method 'ActiveFrame' accepting a first argument of type 'PdfBitmap' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Could you please guide me on it ASAP?

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team April 14, 2020 02:14 PM UTC

Hi Komal, 

We have checked the TIFF to PDF conversion in net core, but it is working properly. We have created a sample for converting Tiff image to PDF in net core. We have attached the sample for your reference. Kindly try the below sample in your end and let us know the result. 

Please refer the below sample from below link,  

Please find the below code snippets for TIFF to PDF conversion, 
PdfDocument document = new PdfDocument(); 
//Load the multi frame TIFF image from the disk 
FileStream imageStream = new FileStream("D://TiffImage.tiff", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); 
PdfTiffImage tiffImage = new PdfTiffImage(imageStream); 
//Get the frame count 
int frameCount = tiffImage.FrameCount; 
//Access each frame and draw into the page 
for (int i = 0; i < frameCount; i++) 
{ 
    //Add a section to the PDF document 
    PdfSection section = document.Sections.Add(); 
    //Set page margins 
    section.PageSettings.Margins.All = 0; 
    tiffImage.ActiveFrame = i; 
    //Create a PDF unit converter instance 
    PdfUnitConvertor converter = new PdfUnitConvertor(); 
    //Convert to point 
    Syncfusion.Drawing.SizeF size = converter.ConvertFromPixels(tiffImage.PhysicalDimension, PdfGraphicsUnit.Point); 
    //Set page orientation 
    section.PageSettings.Orientation = (size.Width > size.Height) ? PdfPageOrientation.Landscape : PdfPageOrientation.Portrait; 
    //Set page size 
    section.PageSettings.Size = size; 
    //Add a page to the section 
    PdfPage page = section.Pages.Add(); 
    //Draw TIFF image into the PDF page 
    page.Graphics.DrawImage(tiffImage, Syncfusion.Drawing.PointF.Empty, size); 
} 
//Creating the stream object 
FileStream fileStream = new FileStream("TiffToPDF.pdf", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.ReadWrite); 
//Save and close the PDF document  
document.Save(fileStream); 
document.Close(true); 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon