We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

End user hides / shows columns

End user hides / shows columns
Tong did not know how the end user could add columns / columns himself. Same as DEVEXPRESS control.
Maybe this feature already exists but I don't know yet. Please support me.
Thank you

7 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 18, 2019 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Huy, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently we are checking on your requirement of “Hiding the Grid column” in SfDataGrid Xamarin.Forms. We will validate and update the details with the sample in one business day (March 19, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V     

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 19, 2019 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Huy, 

Thank you for your patience. 

Your requirement of “Hiding the Grid column” in SfDataGrid Xamarin.Forms can be achieved using IsHidden property of DataGrid. Please refer the following code example for the same, 

[Xaml] 
<sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns>
<sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="OrderID" IsHidden="True"/>
 </sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns>

[C#] 
GridTextColumn column = new GridTextColumn();
column.MappingName = "CustomerID";
column.IsHidden = true;
dataGrid.Columns.Add(column);

[Runtime C#] 
foreach(var column in dataGrid.Columns)
            {
                if(column.MappingName == "OrderID")
                {
                    column.IsHidden = false;
                }
            }

We have prepared sample for the same, please find the sample by the following link. 

Sample link: GridColumnHideSample

We hope this helps. Please let us know, if need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

HN Huy Nguyen Xuan March 21, 2019 02:44 PM UTC

Thanks for your support.
By hiding / showing columns with code, I already know. I mean, SfDataGrid has a function to "hide / show" the column like grid devexpress yet. ==> not yet available.
I think SfDataGrid should design this function too.
For example, when a user touches and holds, a menu will appear with the option to "hide / show" the column. ==> SfDataGrid grid will be great.
Thank you for your support.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 22, 2019 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Huy, 

Thank you for the update. 

Currently, we are analyzing your requirement with DataGrid in Xamarin.Forms. We will validate and update you the details in two business days (March 26, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team March 26, 2019 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Huy, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have checked your requirement “Column chooser support in SfdataGrid”, but currently we don’t have the support for Column chooser support in SfDataGrid. However we have achieved this requirement in sample level work around. Please refer the attached sample in following location. In that we have opened popup view in Grid Long pressed event with list of available columns and switch control to define it’s visibility.  

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

HN Huy Nguyen Xuan March 27, 2019 12:31 AM UTC

Ok, Thank you

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 27, 2019 04:58 AM UTC

Hi Huy,  

Thank you for the update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon