We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Report Does Not Load Shows (GetDataSourceCredential in Console)

Hii, 
I am building an application using the ASP.NET BoilerPlate.

I have tried loading the ReportViewer as per the instructions and tutorial given on the official site. The syncfusion used in making the ReportViewer is in Javascript.
I am trying to load the Sales Order Detail.rdl report.
The Data Sources does not show up

Also tried fixing by adding (Did Not Work for Me)
1) (processingMode: ej.ReportViewer.ProcessingMode.Remote) in the Script

2) public void OnInitReportOptions(ReportViewerOptionsreportOption)

{            

reportOption.ReportModel.ReportServerCredential = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

}

Nothing Worked For me..

Please help me..

3 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 11, 2019 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Mehdi, 

We were unable to reproduce the mentioned issue with your shared details. So we have prepared the simple sample to load the RDL file in Report Viewer and it can be downloaded from below location. Could you please confirm whether the below sample is working or not at your end. 

If the issue still persists then could you please revert your sample to validate the mentioned problem at our end. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

MR Mehdi Rezaie March 11, 2019 02:53 PM UTC

Hii,

It didn't worked with the following example too..

I have attached my Project file on which i need to implement the report viewer.
Have a look on the file.

Please Help me with this..
Thank You

Attachment: MyReportDemoProject_ba8e0b71.zip

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 13, 2019 07:33 AM UTC

Hi Mehdi, 

We have shared you working sample only and we were unable to find what type of issue you are facing with our sample.  

Please find the below help documentation for how to use the ReportViewer control in JS application. 

Please find the below steps for how to specify the scripts, assemblies and control specification. 

Step 1: Add theme files and scripts files as shown in below code example. 
<html> 
<head> 
    <title></title> 
    <link rel='nofollow' href="http://cdn.syncfusion.com/16.4.0.54/js/web/flat-azure/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
    <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 
    <script src="http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery-easing/1.3/jquery.easing.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 
    <script src="http://cdn.syncfusion.com/16.4.0.54/js/web/ej.web.all.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 
    <meta charset="utf-8" /> 
</head> 

Step 2: Add Syncfusion.EJ.ReportViewer assembly and its dependent assemblies as shown in below snap. 

In case of nuget reference, please refer Syncfusion.Web.ReportViewer nuget package as shown below, 

Step 3: Initial the control as shown in below code example. 

<div style="height: 600px; width: 1250px; min-height: 524px;" id="container"></div> 

<script type="text/javascript"> 

$(function () { 
        $("#container").ejReportViewer( 
                    { 
                        reportServiceUrl: "/api/ReportApi", 
                        reportPath: '~/App_Data/GroupingAgg.rdl', 
                        processingMode: ej.ReportViewer.ProcessingMode.Remote 
                    }); 
    });    
    </script> 

Step 4: Provide WebAPI controller as shown in below code example 

[EnableCors(origins: "*", headers: "*", methods: "*")] 
    public class ReportApiController : ApiController,IReportController  
    { 
        //Post action for processing the rdl/rdlc report  
        public object PostReportAction(Dictionary < string, object > jsonResult)  
        {            
            return ReportHelper.ProcessReport(jsonResult, this); 
        } 

//Get action for getting resources from the report 
        [System.Web.Http.ActionName("GetResource")] 
        [AcceptVerbs("GET")] 
        public object GetResource(string key, string resourcetype, bool isPrint)  
        { 
            return ReportHelper.GetResource(key, resourcetype, isPrint); 
        } 

//Method will be called when initialize the report options before start processing the report         
        public void OnInitReportOptions(ReportViewerOptions reportOption) 
        { 

} 

//Method will be called when reported is loaded 
        public void OnReportLoaded(ReportViewerOptions reportOption)  
        { 

} 
    } 

We have checked your sample but we were unable to find our control initialization in your application. So could you please share additional details on issue faced in our demo sample so that we can assist you further. Based on our sample reference please take care of our control initialization in your application by yourself. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon