We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

QueryBuilder large datasource json length

I have a QueryBuilder with a MVC Action datasource and UrlAdaptor. 

When the source contains many rows, the resulting json become too large throwing a MVC exception: "Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property."

I have already tried to increase the value of aspnet:MaxJsonDeserializerMembers in web.config with no results. 

I can't understand why the QueryBuilder needs to download all rows from datasource. Is it for managing the autocomplete? Is it possibile to disable this behavior? 

2 Replies

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team March 12, 2019 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Nino, 

# I can't understand why the QueryBuilder needs to download all rows from datasource. Is it for managing the autocomplete? Is it possibile to disable this behavior? 

Sorry for the inconvenience. In our EJ2 QueryBuilder, the entire dataSource has been requested at initial rendering for the purpose of handing conditions (i.e. in case of ‘IN’ operator to load all values in UI). And, we suspect that the cause of the reported issue “Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer ... maxJsonLength property” might be occurred due to this when handling with more no of records. 

However, we considered this as a defect and logged the defect report for “Issue with loading large dataSource for handling conditions”. The fix for this issue will be included in our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 Service Pack 1 release which is expected to be rolled-out in the month of April, 2019. 

You can also track the status of this bug through our feedback portal below. 

We will update you once released, and we appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan 

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team May 31, 2019 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Nino, 

Good day to you.  

We have added the fix for the issue with loading large dataSource for handling conditions in our latest version (17.1.49). Could you please update the latest package to check this fix and get back to us if you need any further assistance on this?  

Regards,  
Vinoth Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon