We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug in Formula Engine?

Is there a bug in the formula engine for V2.0.5.0 when calculating dependent formulas, i.e. formulas dependent on values from other formula cells and possibly crossing sheets in a multi-grid family?

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 09:31 AM UTC

Yes. In 2.0.5.1 (available through the SyncUpdate notifier), there was a fix for one such problem. You also should try setting Dim engine As GridFormulaEngine = CType(gridControl1.CellModels("FormulaCell"), GridFormulaCellModel).Engine engine.UsesVirtualDataSource = True Setting this property may clear up the problem. Can you see the problem in one of our samples, or can you attach a sample showing the problem? That way, we can try it here and make sure it has been handled.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 09:49 AM UTC

There is one other open problem using multisheeted grids that will be handled in the next update. In some situations, if you have formulas in one sheet that do not use explicit sheet references (ie. = A1 - B1 instead of = sheet1!A1 - sheet1!B1), then the values are being pulled not from the local sheet as they should be, but instead are being pulled from some other sheet. Until we get an update out with this fixed, you can avoid the problem by including sheet references on all your cell references.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 09:50 AM UTC

Is the fix in V2.0.5.1 related to the fact that cell content is only updated when cells become visible, but dependent cells may be visible prior to the dependees? If so, how do I get hold of the latest version with the fix? I am part of a developer group evaluating the Grid for a large ERP system and cross-sheet cell references is a must. We have an earlier release of V2.0 and have modified the Grid sourcecode somewhat to fit a slightly more flexible cell renderer model. Do our license key get access to the Grid source for V2.0.5.1?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 09:54 AM UTC

Thanks for that last info. I kind of knew the problem had to be related to multiple issues.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 11:21 AM UTC

If you log into Direct Trac, you will able to download any updates that are available to you. If you have questions about whether you are licensed for a particular version, you can email salessupport@syncfusion.com, and they should be able to provide you with that information.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 11:45 AM UTC

I tried that, but the 141 Mb exe-file for V2.0.5.1 does not install the source directories. The same exe-file for V2.0.5.0 did.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 11:56 AM UTC

2.0.5.1 should have created its own folder under Syncfusion\Essential Suite with its source provided your unlock key is valid for the source code version. Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Grid\Src It will not overwrite the 2.0.5.0 folder.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 12:40 PM UTC

Yes, I made it work now. Thanks a lot. All honors to the Syncfusion customer support. That alone is reason enough to choose your products. Please publish the ''must use full adressing'' bug for cell refrerences as your Grid is now the ONLY grid supporting cross-sheet formulas correctly. El Tabelle has cross-sheet support too, but they have a bug preventing any culture with non-period decimal separator to work.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon